The Beginner's Guide to Detecting Fake Ghost Photos

This section was designed for beginners to the paranormal field. In this section you will find paranormal terms, information on ghosts, hauntings and for you to ask questions! Jump right in!
Jemm
Admin
Admin

The Beginner's Guide to Detecting Fake Ghost Photos

Postby Jemm » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:43 am

Sometimes you have to dig a little deeper into what's being photographed. Most subjects will take front and center of the photo. Subjects placed "off to the side" sometimes can appear staged. Thus, you should make certain to read the photo caption. A person who has innocently captured a real ghost probably didn't think they were going to photograph one that day. In such cases, the subject of the picture will be immediately present itself. Check for group pics of happy smiling people holding beers and making funny faces. Then look in the background for weird things...subtle things. These details should definitely be pointed out in the photo's description.

Read the article here ..

http://voices.yahoo.com/the-beginners-guide-detecting-fake-ghost-photos-5276035.html

Calmer
Demon
Demon

Re: The Beginner's Guide to Detecting Fake Ghost Photos

Postby Calmer » Sat May 04, 2013 9:30 am

Interesting reading. Thx Jemm
Such is life....

princess13
Devil
Devil

Postby princess13 » Sat May 04, 2013 11:49 am

Thanks Jemm, this was very informative. A good read for people to see so they can have an objective view on photos. :thumbsup:

Buddah James
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Postby Buddah James » Sat May 04, 2013 6:42 pm

he's a great example of a fake photo !! this picture was taken in the earl to mid 90's and it has captured a
ghost girl now study it well and then look on my next post for the answer ok
Attachments
girl in fire.jpg
girl in fire.jpg (19.7 KiB) Viewed 548 times

Buddah James
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Postby Buddah James » Sat May 04, 2013 6:57 pm

Now for the answer !! I was watching a new doco show on foxtel called Paranatural they look at hauntings
bigfoot ufo's etc to prove or disprove things now the first photo was taken by a neighbour where the fire
had broken out and he later claimed he caught the ghost on film plus on the negative !! but the photo was
faked via adding the image of the girl on the negative and redeveloping the photo again !! now the girl did
die in a fire at the same spot as the fire in the 90's ok but here is a photo of the same girl taken in 1810 !!
the reason this came to light was a newspaper in england was doing a series of articals of the towns history
of places and people and a reader of the paper whom remembered the first photo (posted above) said hang
on there's something wrong here and went to the newspaper office explained their concern and thus found out
the neighbour had faked the photo
Attachments
girl in fire real.jpg
girl in fire real.jpg (22.64 KiB) Viewed 546 times

Dellycat
Site Owner/Admin
Site Owner/Admin

Postby Dellycat » Sat May 04, 2013 7:02 pm

Thank you for finding that James, I had seen this debunked ages ago and it was originally posted on here but unfortunately it got lost when the site crashed. I had not seen the original 1810 photo before though as it wasn't in the article I read, I just know the photo had been proved to be false and how.
It is nice to see that original picture so thank you again for posting this.

Jemm
Admin
Admin

Postby Jemm » Sun May 05, 2013 1:50 pm

give that man a beer :five:
well done James...

Yeahhhhhhh sigh...it and a whole lot of cool stuff lost forever..I remember the discussion on that too Delly...was a good one.

Good find though James , wish they had that show on Free Tv..watched one last night on ABC about The Exorcist the real story... :facepalm: couldnt watch it all too creepy.Thats one subject that freaks me out :shocked:

Buddah James
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Postby Buddah James » Sun May 05, 2013 3:17 pm

Delly and Janet your both welcome !! the second photo was a little harder to find but by pure luck and being
persistant in my search i found it !! The Paranatural Doco show is quite intresting to watch and there is
another one called Excorisms with the priest from Paranormal State who delvies into who what why and when
Excorsisms are done on people by the church and my favorit is Hauntings Doco that looks at the stories
behind peoples homes that are Haunted !!

Return to “Beginners Arena”