Australia Day 2012

Jemm
Admin
Admin

Australia Day 2012

Postby Jemm » Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:57 pm

well it's been and it's gone and was a bit of a fizzer this year in the banana bender state..rain rain and more rain, all fireworks dispalys cancelled, most functions diverted or canceled, so we made the best of a bad situation here on the so called "Sunshine Coast" should be renamed Rainy wet soggy humid coast..anyhow , how did you celebrate of great day?
heres Angelique's take..

Attachments
aussie day at my place.jpg
(111.65 KiB) Downloaded 137 times

megsy
Demon
Demon

Re: Australia Day 2012

Postby megsy » Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:11 am

Mother Nature is certainly pee'd off with us. Way too much rain :furious:

I am re-tiling my kitchen, so spent the day putting up the new one's and then I worked in the arvo/night. Not much of an Aussie day ! Rain scared many people off her in the Dilly shire as well :threaten:
There is an inn, a merry old inn beneath an old grey hill, And there they brew a beer so brown that the Man in the Moon himself came down one night to drink his fill - sign under the Prancing Pony Inn - LOTR

Dellycat
Site Owner/Admin
Site Owner/Admin

Postby Dellycat » Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:28 am

We didn't venture out to the fireworks display here, there were big thunderstorms all around, threatening rain and hot and humid, also they changed the time of the local fireworks at the last minute and as we head down about 10 minutes before they start, that was about the amount of warning we got of the change so didn't bother as we were not ready.
I understand Starchilde had an amazing view, she lives just up the road from me and slightly up the hill a bit more so has views to the coast that I don't ( I have trees across the road that block any view I have) I understand she could see all the firework displays going on in Perth... :grin:

Anyhoo, here is a local news article on the evening...
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-2092857/Australia-Day-2012-Fireworks-lightning-combine-light-Perths-skies.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Dellycat
Site Owner/Admin
Site Owner/Admin

Postby Dellycat » Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:53 am

The full coverage of Perth's fireworks, enjoy :grin:

Full Telecast of the 2012 Australia Day Skyworks in Perth, Western Australia.

This content is the property of Channel Seven Perth and it's use is for entertainment purposes only.

Jemm
Admin
Admin

Postby Jemm » Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:25 pm

awwwwwwww
noice delly :clap:

Return to “Traditions”