Sylvia Browne's Failed Amanda Berry Prediction Returns To Ha

Use this section to discuss psychics, mediums and ESP. If you are a psychic or medium, please introduce yourself and share your experiences.
Dellycat
Site Owner/Admin
Site Owner/Admin

Sylvia Browne's Failed Amanda Berry Prediction Returns To Ha

Postby Dellycat » Sat May 11, 2013 9:28 pm

Where do I start... we have discussed Sylvia Browne before though I think all that went with the old site.
Well she has stuffed up massively big time with this one...

We have all heard the wonderful news about the 3 girls who had been kidnapped 10 years ago being found safe and alive. When that happened I bet Sylvia wanted the ground to open up and swallow her!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/09/sylvia-brownes-amanda-perry-psychic_n_3240157.html

This is interesting as it also targets other mediums and I love this line...
"Why didn't one psychic wake up in the middle of the night and know where they were?"

It really does make you wonder doesn't it.

Buddah James
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Re: Sylvia Browne's Failed Amanda Berry Prediction Returns T

Postby Buddah James » Mon May 13, 2013 5:44 pm

umm i know i'm gonna get a kick in the butt by her supporters ok but my only question is
"Why didn't she predict that this shit storm was on the horizon and coming at her at 100 miles
an hour" :think: :don'tknow:

Jemm
Admin
Admin

Postby Jemm » Wed May 15, 2013 5:48 pm

no support from me shes a total sham

Jemm
Admin
Admin

Postby Jemm » Wed May 15, 2013 5:56 pm

Browne has estimated an 87-to-90 percent success rate with cold cases, but Skeptical Inquirer did a 2010 analysis of 115 predictions she made on "The Montel Williams Show" and put her success rate at zero.

and this is so true , we saw it here in QLD with the Daniel Morcombe case
Parapsychology researcher Ben Radford, a deputy editor at Skeptical Inquirer, said that anytime there is a high-profile, missing-person case, psychics and mediums come out of the woodwork.

"We call them 'grief vampires'," he told HuffPost. "But every single time, the psychics fail to find the person."

and I think this is very wrong too, when a family is grieving and clutching at straws for answers, they will NOT hear those "OK to use " words..it's just morally wrong.

Browne is also drawing criticism from other psychics like Craig Weiler, who said Browne's callous prediction to Berry's now-deceased mom crossed a line, possibly doing "harm to the family." He advises mediums to use disclaimers.

"They need to say, 'this is my impression' or 'this is my truth,'" Weiler told HuffPost. "Something like 'this is what I feel' is OK ..."

my thoughts on the whole thing?

BACK OFF!!
leave the families alone , stop giving false hope and let the authorities do their job!!

Return to “Psychics, Mediums & ESP”