Animal and Spiritual Guides

Talk about your guides here, ask for advice on how to contact them, spirit rescue work, working with spirits, tell your stories...
Jemm
Admin
Admin

Postby Jemm » Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:22 pm

Posted: Mon Oct 20, 2008

Spirit Animals

Spirit Animals are animals that we are born with.
Native Americans believe that upon birth an animal's spirit enters into that person.
Its duties are to keep each person strong and wise as well as to excel in matters of attributes given to that Animal.

A Deer is an animal of love, tenderness,and swiftness. There is an old story about
the animal kingdom wanting to get into heaven to see the Almighty God.
At a council meeting all the animals stood up to tell why they would be the most appropriate one
to get to the kingdom of God. The Bear stood up and said,
" I, Bear , who is the strongest bravest creature will go to see the Creator".
Upon the road to the Creator stood a big , nasty, monster.
The bear took one look and ran back to the animal kingdom to tell of the nasty, monster.
The Eagle Screeched, "I will fly over the monster to get to see the Creator". Off went the eagle.
He flew higher and higher and got closer to the kingdom of the Creator than any other animal before.
He started to screech a prayer. "Almighty Great Creator, I so would like to see You".
The Almighty Creator said, "It is true you are the best at reaching high enough to talk to me,
but a messenger is all you will be. Tell the rest of the animals that they have to go through the red road of truth to find me".
The eagle said to The Almighty Creator," But there is a monster in the way , how can we cross?
The Almighty said no further. The eagle went back and told all the animals of what the Almighty had said to him.
and all the animals started to fight and argue.
The Deer hearing such a roar jumped so high he landed right in front of the nasty monster.
The deer looked into the eyes of the monster and stared.
The monster looked deep into the deer's eyes and saw
love, warmth and tenderness, and upon seeing that the monster melted away.
And so the deer was the first to go through the red road of truth to see the Almighty.

Animal & Spirit Guides

Alligator:
Aggression, survival, adaptability

Ant:
Group minded, perseverance, step by step.
The ant represents self discipline and a group effort.
Teamwork.

Bat:
Guardian of the night, cleaner

Bear:
Power, mother cunning, healer, gentle strength, dreaming.
In the Zuni tradition, the bear symbolizes the direction West.

Beaver:
Builder, gatherer

Buffalo
Sacredness, life builder.
The buffalo provides all good things
for living, and bestows great curing powers

Butterfly:
Metamorphosis, carefree, transformer

Cougar:
Leadership, courage, power, swiftness and balance.

Coyote:
Prankster, insight, playful. The coyote
symbolizes duality and the ability
to present both sides of an issue.
Clowning and humor, perhaps sarcastic.

Crane:
Solitude, independence

Deer:
Love, gentleness, kindness, gracefulness
and sensitivity. Deer carries
the message of purity of purpose,
and of walking in the light.

Dolphin:
Kindness, play, bridge man to ocean.
Dolphin brings us teachings from the water.
Breath control and the awareness of
tone is also Dolphin power.

Dragonfly:
Flighty, carefree. Dragonflies symbolize whirlwind,
swiftness and activity. The dragonfly is
an important insect in Zuni legend, where they are
shamanistic creatures with supernatural powers.
In Hopi rock art, the dragonfly is symbolized by a
vertical line with two or sometimes one,
horizontal cross line.

Eagle:
Divine spirit, chief of all the creatures in the air,
the primary servant of the sun. Powerful in battle,
the eagle protects the people from evil.
Eagle medicine attributes
include clear vision and soaring spirit.
The eagle is associated with success,
prosperity and wealth. In the Zuni Tradition,
the Eagle symbolizes the direction Up.

Elk:
Strength, agility, freedom, power and nobility.

Fox:
Cunning, provider, intelligence.
Fox represents twilight and feminine magic.

Frog:
Connection with water element

Grizzly Bear:
Mother, nature's pharmacist

Hawk:
Messenger of the sky, observer

Horse:
Stamina, mobility, strength and power.
The horse was introduced to the plains tribes by the Spanish.
Shaman's are often pictured flying on mythical horses.
Horses can symbolize coping under difficult circumstances.
Horse is love and devotion, loyalty.

Humming Bird:
Messenger, stopper of time.
Hummingbird represents optimism and sweetness.
Being able to roll with the punches
is an attribute of Hummingbird.

Lizard:
Conservation, agility.
Lizard promotes dreaming.

Moose:
Headstrong, unstoppable longevity.
Moose represents value and integrity.

Otter:
Laughter, curiosity, mischievous.
Otter is a feminine power,
and the symbol of grace and empathy.

Owl:
Wisdom, truth, patience.
The Mescalero believe that Owl carries the
souls of the recently deceased, a death messenger.
Owl is the totem of clairvoyants and mystics.

Rabbit:
Alertness, nurturing

Raven:
Trickster, teacher, hoarder.
To Pacific Northwest Coast tribes, Raven represented the
shaman's powers and a belief in transformation between
human and animal spirits. Raven symbolizes change in
consciousness and is the mark of a shape shifter.

Salmon:
Instinct, persistence, determination

Seahorse:
Confidence, grace

Shark:
Hunter, survival, adaptability

Snake:
Shrewdness, transformation.
Life, death and rebirth are represented by
the shedding of skin. Among the Pueblo Indians
snakes and lightning are equated with rain and fertility.

Spider:
Creative, pattern of life.
Spider connects the past with the future, creating possibilities.
Spider-woman is a major Pueblo goddess

Swan:
Grace, balance, innocence
Turtle:
Self contained, creative source.
Turtle represents Mother Earth.
Informed decisions, planning and adaptability
are attributes of Turtle.

Wolf:
Loyalty, success, perseverance, stability and thought.
Wolves are also regarded as path finders and teachers.
Wolf is represented by the constellation Sirius, the Dog.
In the Zuni tradition the Wolf symbolizes the direction East.

white wolf
Demon
Demon

Re: Animal and Spiritual Guides

Postby white wolf » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:48 am

My spirit animals are of course the Wolf as i have always been drawen to them and i am mad on them
When i hear the howl of the wolf i get very emotional . I have seen them in deep meditation and a white wolf took me to a secret place under the oak tree once in meditation since then i have had a White wolf in spirit by my side .

Also the Buzzard i see them every day i either hear one above me or i will see one in a tree,i even have special Buzzards that appear to me at the same place every day or if not close to a special place. Tried to save one the other day with broken wing but it was infected and later dies.
People tend to bring me injured birds and more than not i have helped them and let them back.

ww
Attachments
423678_10150571751284335_746734334_9094230_1443736379_n.jpg
423678_10150571751284335_746734334_9094230_1443736379_n.jpg (46.26 KiB) Viewed 22317 times

Gwyn
Spirit
Spirit

Postby Gwyn » Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:50 am

I find this area interesting, Jemm. Someone I know on Facebook told a number of us which animals she saw us as being connected with and my two (skunk and bear) were a bit surprising, but quite apt in some ways for me. I personally find myself drawn to deer- so beautiful, graceful and gentle- they are a good example for us, I think.

white wolf
Demon
Demon

Postby white wolf » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:11 am

Wolf medicine is strong.

We have our Coven in the New Forest and a while ago i could not attend a ritual but told the group id be there in spirit ,during the ritual they all swore blind they heared a wolf howling,funny cos we dont have wild wolves in uk.

Also a medium friend of mine was doing healing on a lady in Australia funny enough and i said id send Lacota my spirit wolf to help her and as she was doing this healing she swore she saw very briefly a white wolf behind her.

ww

megsy
Demon
Demon

Postby megsy » Fri May 17, 2013 3:58 pm

Mine animal guide is the wombat, believe it or not. I search for a very long time to get some info on it, thought I would share.... bit of light reading :roflmao:

Wombat - Inner Trust

Keywords:

Being underestimated, or undervalued by society. Intelligence. Quickness of thought. Play. Rightful aggression. Correcting misunderstanding. Stability. The foundation of your situation. Understanding multiple levels of any situation. Structure. Creating your world. Grounded. Inner trust.

General Description:

The wombat is the world's largest burrowing animal. They grow to over 1 metre in length and can weight approximately 35 kilograms. They are stout creatures with short, stumpy legs and small eyes and ears. They have a backwards facing pouch to prevent sand and snow from entering. They are herbivorous and eat a range of grasses. They are nocturnal and tend to avoid humans when they can.

Wombats build extensive networks of burrows and are territorial about their feeding grounds, they warn off interlopers via growling, snorting, gnashing their jaws and outright chasing. Their burrows can be as long as 30m and form extensive networks, wombats will use these burrows to crush invaders, though they will leave if a snake enters. Wombats are threatened by habitat destruction, car collisions and predation from wild dogs. They are intelligent, playful and have the most well-developed brain of any marsupial. The Northern hairy-nosed wombat is endangered, there are only 80 - 100 left.

Lessons and Challenges:

Wombats are often seen as docile, and even lazy animals by the average layperson, but they can be surprisingly fast, agile and industrious creatures (when they want to be) as well as intelligent, and with an aptitude for play. Ever get the feeling that you have a lot of skills that the 'average' person doesn't bother to see? Wombat energy can indicate a situation where you are being underestimated or undervalued by society and the people around you.

The good news is that you still possess those talents and abilities that people aren't seeing. You then have the choice to correct other's misunderstandings. It might come as no surprise then that wombat energy also teaches righteous or appropriate aggression. Sometimes it is right, even healthful, to defend yourself and your position.

Wombat energy is grounded by default, putting you in a perfect position to educate others about who you are, and what you're good at. Wombat energy is not a flighty energy, nor is it prone to exaggeration. You know what you are and what you're good at.

As with any creature that burrows or creates extensive networks of tunnels for its 'home', there are distinct lessons of creating and introducing structure into your life. It could be literally - a home or a place to live. But more usually, it tends to be psychologically or emotionally. It is important to look at just how much of a key player you are when it comes to creating your own world. The tools are very much at your disposal to create (rather than destroy).

Wombat can draw your attention to the foundation of your situation or problem, and then provides the ability to understand multiple levels of it at once. Consciously choosing to work with wombat, or to invite its wisdom into your life, will often create solutions. Seeing into the heart of a situation, seeing the foundation of what caused it, is a gift of wombat.

People who have wombat energy around them are more responsive to intelligence and mental acuity. Resourcefulness and quickness of thought are both traits of wombat - other people may not recognise this about you, but that is one of the other traits of wombat.

Wombat energy teaches people to relax not so much through slowing the breathing or cultivating inner stillness. Rather wombat teaches relaxation through light-hearted play. Creating games for yourself, or playing interactive games with others will give you a well-needed break without being taxing, and will also nourish your spirit at this time.

I feel one of wombat's greatest lessons for almost anyone, is it's ability to teach inner trust and faith in oneself. Wombat teaches us how to innately know our gifts even when everyone else doubts us. Wombat teaches us that it doesn't matter what other people think, that we don't need to care, because all the nourishment we need is within, through our ability to play, the way we think, and our ability to see to the foundation of our own problems and creatively impose solutions and structure onto them. Wombat has a stable energy, and is of particular use to those prone to anxiety, who have problems making decisions, or who are unable to see to the heart of the problems in their lives.

The Shadow Aspects:

The wombat's shadow energy challenges us to never stop trying, even though we know that we are being undervalued or underappreciated. Once we stop trying, we validate what others may think or say about us. Wombat encourages us to never give up, and confronts us with choices to either persevere throughout our lives and show our trust within our own talent, or to give into the despair created by other's inappropriate criticism of our efforts.

In any society, it is important to educate others about misunderstandings and biases. This is something you may feel you do regularly, but with poor results. You may be frequently attempting to educate others about religious or spiritual beliefs, proper health practices, or anything else that is important to you. Wombat confronts our motives in educating others, and advocates inner trust and wisdom. Sometimes it is better to let others keep their prejudices so that we may focus on our own gifts which lean more towards the creation of structure, than towards educating others.

Communion:

Like all animal helpers, this animal will only appear when right and appropriate, and cannot be forced to visit you, commune with you, or share messages with you. Wombat has a solid, stable energy during journeying, and is more of a 'talker' than some of the other animals (depends on the mood you find him, sometimes he's more of a 'grunter'). Wombat can come across as stodgy, and dense, but there is a quick wit behind that mind. His communication style is somewhat earthy and even, at times, droll.

Wombat as a guide and helper is not afraid to give you the odd metaphorical slap around the head if you are lax about recognising your own problems or alternatively, your gifts. He can be an impatient teacher, but a very valuable one. Not many people can 'take' wombat energy, which is probably why - despite being a significant marsupial in Australia - he is quite 'unknown' by the everyday person and spiritualist.

This was from a book I borrowed from a library, unfortunately I have lost the details. My apologises to the author.
There is an inn, a merry old inn beneath an old grey hill, And there they brew a beer so brown that the Man in the Moon himself came down one night to drink his fill - sign under the Prancing Pony Inn - LOTR

Return to “Guides, Spirits and Angels”