Self Centering Meditation

Do you know of a way of meditation that works for you? Share it here...
Jemm
Admin
Admin

Self Centering Meditation

Postby Jemm » Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:06 pm

ozarkian
Posted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:20 am

There is a technique I've found in one of my books that's actually helped me a couple of times. You sit down somewhere, close your eyes, take in about 10 slow breaths, then picture yourself surrounded by white all around you, and then you picture yourself rooted to the earth, and I think other colors are supposed to surround you (warm colors) and you breath in 10 more times slowly and do that a couple times 'till you feel calmer.

It's helped me out a couple times when I get stressed out.

When you meditate correctly you put yourself into a lower level of consciousness, it is even lower than the sleep level. You have to work at it to get there, it doesnt happen in a moments time.
I fact if you go to sleep while you are meditating it is referred to as ‘rising to sleep’ not ‘falling asleep ‘as we normally refer to it.
This is because we are already in a lower level than sleep so in order to go to sleep we must rise up in the levels of consciousness to get to sleep level.

We normally refer to it as falling asleep because we go from the higher level of consciousness (awake state) to the lower level of sleep. Hence we 'fall' asleep.

When you are in the meditation level you are much more aware, its not like when you are in sleep level and for some reason, not known to me, it will make animals uncomfortable. They will shift around, walk in circles, whine, even come and lick your hand or face asking for you to stop I suppose.
I have experimented in this back in my younger days when I did a lot of meditating and it does happen. I have heard the same from others as well. But again why? I dont know and anything I say would just be conjecture on my part.

So that is my story and I'm sticking to it.

Return to “Meditation”