Runic Magic

viperslate13610
Shadow
Shadow

Runic Magic

Postby viperslate13610 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:19 am

I've been working with Runes for a few years and ever since then it seems I've been on a quest for knowledge surrounding the runes. Since other forms of spell casting exist, I decided to see if runic magic ever existed. Turned out it did and it has been around for a long long time. I have tried basic runic spells for myself and others (aiding sleep, getting rid of nightmares, etc.) and I have had friends tell me that they were astonished to find that it worked. Therefore, I present a basic guide to rune magic.

Runic Magic is a realm usually forgotten by many. It is a very old form of magic and seemingly very simple when compared to other kinds of spell casting. However, it is harder to actually get right and requires quite a bit of mental effort while casting.

Runic magic will always require something written. It is the basis of all runic magic. Runic magic comes in many forms but the actual spells are usually in the form of Writs or Runic Scripts. These are merely a statement of the intention of the spell written in runes with a sentence at the end that goes something like ''So it is written by _______, so shall it be" or something to that effect followed by burning the paper or log or whatever the script is written on. That's it. The hard part is writing every rune clearly and correctly and maintaining a mindset free of negativity which is a seemingly ever-present part of today's world. 

To write the runes for spell casting correctly, one must understand that each rune represents a sound and not a letter. You will find no C,V,X,Y or Q in the runic alphabet because these letters often have a sound the same as another letter. I will post a picture of a rune to phonetic sound translation chart when I find the book I wrote it in. I will also post up in a later topic about Bind Runes or Sigils which are an amalgam of two or more runes to take on a greater effect and meaning and are often worn on amulets.

StarChilde
Spirit
Spirit

Re: Runic Magic

Postby StarChilde » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:10 am

I use runes in candle magic by carving the runes into the candles.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should!

Jemm
Admin
Admin

Postby Jemm » Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:12 am

thanks Starachild maybe we could learn from you and Viper, I'm clueless on that subject :don'tknow:

viperslate13610
Shadow
Shadow

Postby viperslate13610 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:39 am

Using the runes in candle magic would be interesting. The best thing about the runes in my opinion is that each has both a sound and a meaning. One can write a runic script using the alphabetical sounds or the meanings. All that is different is that one is longer and more precise and therefore requires more effort and concentration to cast. One can also use Bindrunes in these shorter scripts. Bindrunes are two or more runes that have been joined together. I will post an example when I get around to doing a topic about Bindrunes.

Return to “Tarot / Runes”