Dellycat
Site Owner/Admin
Site Owner/Admin

What is Wicca?

Postby Dellycat » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:57 pm

Shiaggra
Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:26 am

http://www.wicca.com/celtic/wicca/wicca.htm

Contrary to what those who choose to persecute or lie about us wish to believe, Wicca is a very peaceful, harmonious and balanced way of thinking and life which promotes oneness with the divine and all which exists.

Wicca is a deep appreciation and awe in watching the sunrise or sunset, the forest in the light of a glowing moon, a meadow enchanted by the first light of day. It is the morning dew on the petals of a beautiful flower, the gentle caress of a warm summer breeze upon your skin, or the warmth of the summer sun on your face. Wicca is the fall of colorful autumn leaves, and the softness of winter snow. It is light, and shadow and all that lies in between. It is the song of the birds and other creatures of the wild. It is being in the presence of Mother Earths nature and being humbled in reverence. When we are in the temple of the Lord and Lady, we are not prone to the arrogance of human technology as they touch our souls. To be a Witch is to be a healer, a teacher, a seeker, a giver, and a protector of all things. If this path is yours, may you walk it with honor, light and integrity.

Wicca is a belief system and way of life based upon the reconstruction of pre-Christian traditions originating in Ireland, Scotland, and Wales. While much of the information of how our ancestors lived, worshiped and believed has been lost due to the efforts of the medieval church to wipe our existence from history, we try to reconstruct those beliefs to the best of our ability with the information that is available.

Buddah James
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Re: What is Wicca?

Postby Buddah James » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:55 pm

persecution is still our greatest threat and annoyance we wiccans still
have to day !! most main stream religions and churches will never
understand the relationship we have with the life force we seek to
bring a balanced wholeness to not only ours but to all life !!

white wolf
Demon
Demon

Postby white wolf » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:59 am

I agree.
I gave my girlfriend a pentagramme neckless which in her job her boss told her to remove it .
She has to go in prisons dealing with Drug affenders etc. This annoyed me because she was ignorant and i told Steph my lady she should of told her "i will remove mine when you remove your cross."

pinkelephants
Devil
Devil

Postby pinkelephants » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:34 pm

whitewolf that is so very true.
that is wrong just because its not seen as a main stream religion or belief doesnt mean it isnt in some body elses eyes

white wolf
Demon
Demon

Postby white wolf » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:59 pm

What i have found is most people assume its a sign of the devil and so tag you as being a satanist.
People im afraid see what they see and assume without understanding.

StarChilde
Spirit
Spirit

Postby StarChilde » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:07 am

I guess it depends on whether jewellery is not allowed across the board or whether she was asked to remove it simply because it was a pentacle.

If it was the latter, she would be quite within her rights to refuse, as it has religious significance.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should!

viperslate13610
Shadow
Shadow

Postby viperslate13610 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:13 am

Very true, Starchilde. It's like asking a Muslim woman to remove her headdress. It's a religious symbol so yes, she would be well within rights to refuse to remove it. It's like if I would make up a runic pendant and wore or if i chose to carry my rune bag that day and then be asked to remove it. Besides, a pentacle and a pentagram are two completely seperate things that are a lot more often than not confused with one another. It's just absurd how easily people are 'offended' or put off by symbols or religions they don't understand.

white wolf
Demon
Demon

Postby white wolf » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:15 pm

Thats because they make assumptions and have a lack of understanding.

ww

Return to “Wiccan”