Objects Thrown During an Investigation?

Please use this forum to discuss the frustrations of ghost hunting. Let it all out, but please keep it clean!
Jemm
Admin
Admin

Postby Jemm » Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:27 pm

Posted: Fri Oct 17, 2008

By CelticSpirits
My husband asked me to post this question to our investigators. We were watching an episode of Most Haunted that I had recorded which prompted him to ask the question. It seems they always have things thrown at them. Is this just something they do for the dramatic effect? Have any of you ever experienced objects being thrown at you in your investigations?
Reply By SCPD founder
It is really hard to say depending on the location and history of activity, seems like most of the time it is added for effect to keep viewers attention. To me it is rare and only has happened twice for me and we could not figure any normal explanation but in 6 years of this that is very rare to me.

Reply By CelticSpirits
The frequency of objects thrown while MH is investigating has always caused me to believe that it was more for dramatic television than anything more. Personally, that team does not impress me in the least. I love the buildings they go to, that is the main reason I watch it. Between the knocking and the objects being thrown, it does make one sit back and

Thank you for you input Founder!
Reply By SCPD Founder
Yes seems to be just a part of life. You see it in all fields. But there is a sense of accomplishment one feels when they are true to the facts, others and themselves. My group is one that has done a lot of firsts from investigations of locations to multiple investigations of locations. This is what we like and feel will bring more positive/serious attention and even more scientific attention. At least in the long run that is the hope.

Reply by White Wolf
i will not work anywhere that most haunted have been too,as you will find they charge you a great deal of money to investigate it,this is what i call the paranormal pound.

i work for spirit i neither charge for my service or do i expect to pay for it,all groups i have been with more or less agree with this. even if someone wants to get rid of a spirit i will not charge,i can not as im true to my craft and for me walk in the light,i cant obtain money from others.

as regarding throwing etc,i was once on investigation where we caught the landlord throwing beer glasses into an old darken room because he thought it was funny. i was angered by this as we travelled a long way to do this vigel and i pointed out to him that we often sit in the dark and he could of actually hurt someone by his actions. he was also filmed doing this.

i then refused to carry on and both myself and the team walked out,we also made it clear to all other groups in the area about the landlord and the place etc. this was a man who wanted most haunted to go there.

i ask you all please do not think that all groups and investigation are as you see it on most haunted this is not the case,i only watch the show to observe the mediums of which gordon smith is my favorite,he left the show because he was not happy with the things that were going on,and to his credit too i may add. ive been in this game long enough to know a thing or too about tv and what tv expect of mediams and presenters and this also includes some famouse names and their workings on set. i do not agree with such things. like i said all to do with the paranormal pound.!

we have a local group here who are not well liked as they have stirred up trouble with other groups. [very political] who have recentley been on their own tv show and i predicted because of the fame and greed of some it would fall apart,i was right and it has.

this is why i have no interest in media,magazines etc etc for me and others like me like i said we work to help others and not make money for our own ends. there is much about most haunted i do not like,especially disrespecting the spirit world and taunting them inorder to get a reaction.

i have a group called TWIGHLIGHT SHADOWS who ive worked with by the way who investigated LUGGERSHALL CASTLE IN ANDOVER a ruins who had small pebbles thrown at them but not in a harmfull way.

white wolf
Demon
Demon

Re: Objects Thrown During an Investigation?

Postby white wolf » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:25 am

You just cant have on every investigation things thrown at you it just does not work this way but its good for T.V.
Have also had stones from a basement that were unlike anything on the ground level dropped just a few feet in front of me ,this i cant explain and was actually in a Masonic Lodge which was one of the best investigations i have been envolved with last year..

Think about it Most Haunted would not have a tv show if on some of their filming nothing happened.? :hi:

ww

aufo8mycow
Shadow
Shadow

Re: Objects Thrown During an Investigation?

Postby aufo8mycow » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:43 pm

Agree with White wolf. The fact is most haunted and the like have no value to their investigations other than entertainment, there are just so many variables that means you have to take everything on them with a pinch of salt.

As for things being thrown, I've been on investigations where people jump and say someone just threw a stone at me, then looking round and seeing it is actually just a spec of plaster that has crumbled off the walls as happens a lot in these old places. Certainly, although I know it happens it is actually quite rare to have something thrown at you. Equally, common sense says like in normal life, if they wanted to hurt you by throwing something.. it would be a brick or kettle... etc... not a tiny pebble. If they do, its simply to get your attention or to acknowledge they are there.

On the whole though I always look for things falling off walls rather than some unseen hands lobbing bits of rock at me. :)

xoxoxo

Return to “Investigation Fustrations”