Voice boxes?

This section is for members to post information on equipment that they use, the good and the bad. If you know of an instrument that you recommend this is the place to put it.
Calmer
Demon
Demon

Voice boxes?

Postby Calmer » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:57 am

Hi All

Wondering what people think of the voice boxes we see being used on the investigating shows.

Have you used them (which?) and did you have success?

Thx in advance
Calmer :hiding:
Such is life....

Jemm
Admin
Admin

Re: Voice boxes?

Postby Jemm » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:52 pm

Rick , Evan, or Bob & Brian would be the best ones to answer that , I'm wondering also why use EVP's on voice recorders when the words are more clearer on the ovulis and that other one they use?
If the Ovulis etc are more successful wouldnt that be the better option rather than trying to make out whats said on the recorder as most times people are hearing different things? :thinking2:

Calmer
Demon
Demon

Postby Calmer » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:05 pm

I think you'd need both.
The box would let you hear it immediately, the recording would let you go over what you think you may have heard is correct.
Such is life....

Jemm
Admin
Admin

Postby Jemm » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:59 am

I've been in contact via skpe to friends of Mine and Bob Davis's from Planet Paranormal and he said this...

Joe-and Vici Ruffulo Well, the REM Pod only will light up different color lights when an energy gets close to it.

The PX or Ovilus has a limited dictionary built into it. The spirits can manipulate the environment around the unit to produce the words. Sometimes I think there is a learning curve where the spirits need to figure out how to use the device.

I think the most natural and easiest way to communicate is via a digital recorder. They can communicate in a way that is natural to them. We tend to get complete words and sentences.

Hope this helps.

Calmer
Demon
Demon

Postby Calmer » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:40 pm

Thx for taking the time Jemm, much appreciated.

Funny you said about the ovilus, watch one of the docs on here today and they said it only has just over 500 words available.

Thx :grin:
Such is life....

Return to “Ghost Hunting Equipment”