Equipment Question....

This section is for members to post information on equipment that they use, the good and the bad. If you know of an instrument that you recommend this is the place to put it.
Calmer
Demon
Demon

Equipment Question....

Postby Calmer » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:51 pm

Hi All

Busy reading all this great information. I think my Hubby may like you all as I'm much quieter and off his back. :giggle:

Back to what I want to ask....what is the first piece of equipment you'd recommend a novice to use to detect a spirit/ghost?

Thx
Calmer :hiding:
Such is life....

Rick

Re: Equipment Question....

Postby Rick » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:57 pm

If it is just one piece of equipment you are looking to get, i would suggest a digital video camera with night vision capabilities.

This way you can record both video and audio, so you might be able to pick up some EVPs as well.

Calmer
Demon
Demon

Postby Calmer » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:09 pm

Thanks for the reply Rick. :cheesy:

Which would you recommend? Cost is an issue.
Such is life....

Rick

Postby Rick » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:21 pm

Sony make a great digital camera with night vision, can pick up some good second hand ones on eBay. Make sure 100% it has night shot though. That is what they call it. I have picked a couple up over the time on eBay for $200 to $300.

You can also pick up a good new full spectrum camera from different places for around the $200 mark. There is a good local (as in Australia), supplier of some ghost hunting equipment. Not sure if i can pass on the link in the open forums, will wait for Delly or Jemm to let me know if i can.

From there, you can get an IR Illuminator fairly cheap too, basically a flood light of Infra Red light. I make these, so can help you out cheap there if you like. The reason i say this is cause the IR Illuminators on the cameras themselves arent that good. When i say cheap, around $20 to 50 plus freight.

If you go with the Sony though, make 100% sure it has NIGHT SHOT, which is the feature they call it. Ignore anything that says "Low Lux" that isnt the feature.

Hope this helps :cheesy:

Calmer
Demon
Demon

Postby Calmer » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:06 pm

That does help greatly Rick. Thanks for the offer and taking the time.

I do have a Nikon D50 DSLR. Just trying to figure that out also, lots of photo taking. Actually been out in this horrid rain today taking photos of the large wave surges.
I'm wondering if there are any attachments to worth my while with photo taking of spirits etc?

Hope you don't mind me picking your mind...............
Such is life....

Rick

Postby Rick » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:53 pm

unfortunately i havent looked much into lenses, etc, for still cameras.

If you find any information, i love to hear it though.

Calmer
Demon
Demon

Postby Calmer » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:53 pm

Deal............ :detective:
Such is life....

JanC
Vapor
Vapor

Postby JanC » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:59 am

I would suggest an EVP recorder along with what has been said above and some good earphones!

Jan

Return to “Ghost Hunting Equipment”