Film or digital? witch one is better?

This section is for members to post information on equipment that they use, the good and the bad. If you know of an instrument that you recommend this is the place to put it.
craziwolf
Shadow
Shadow

Film or digital? witch one is better?

Postby craziwolf » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:50 am

The more that I peruse an interest in the paranormal the more I begin to question all of our fancy new high-tech equipment! after some thought simply on the theory of still shot cameras, if you have a film camera you are exposing the film to the image and it is essentially burned on to the film where digital has a image sensor witch basically decides what it thinks should be there?

On that thought would it be better to use film or digital? :don'tknow:
If it bleeds we can kill it.

Dellycat
Site Owner/Admin
Site Owner/Admin

Re: Film or digital? witch one is better?

Postby Dellycat » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:41 am

If you have a film camera it exposes the image to the film. camera film is very light sensitive and records a truer image than digital. Also film cameras have a lot less anomalies in the photos which are commonly found in digital so are a lot better in that department as well.
You still need to be careful with film, you can get anomalies if the camera is moved during a shot or if someone moves in and out of frame causing ghosting if the camera shutter is slow in low light or on time exposure which was the most common way they manipulated old photos a long time ago.
You would still need to find a good camera to use and learn to use it though worth it if you are seriously trying to capture the type of photos you are after.
Digital is cheap, film these days is expensive unless you know someone who can develope the film for you or you can do it yourself. Developing film yourself in a properly set up dark room isn't hard.
I hope that is of some help :don'tknow:
I did photography and my own developing.... many many many moons ago before digital cameras were even thought of :whistling:

craziwolf
Shadow
Shadow

Re: Film or digital? witch one is better?

Postby craziwolf » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:38 am

always good info from you dellycat :) and you are talking to an ex photography student / professional developer ;) before I worked in coffee shops I worked in a photo lab :D

Im thinking it would be worth while rigging something up that will align 2 cameras next to each other, one film and one digital to take simultaneous photos of the same thing... building something like that though may be out of my skill range.
If it bleeds we can kill it.

Return to “Ghost Hunting Equipment”