The Guesthouse In Somerset by white wolf

Do you know of a haunted location? Recommendations of a location you investigated with results? Please post them here.
Jemm
Admin
Admin

The Guesthouse In Somerset by white wolf

Postby Jemm » Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:25 pm

white wolf
The Guesthouse In Somerset

Posted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:40 pm

before xmas last year i was invited by wessex paranormal to be guest medium withthem for the night,i did not know untill the evening where we were going but it turned out to be a large guest house called the mansion. this is over the road from a 800 year old inn called the george which is the base of wessex group and where they have their meetings etc.
[more on that some time soon perhaps]

when we went in we meet the owners who were lovely people,the guys in the group of which are only 3 knew all about the history of this building and we begun investigating doing temp checks and setting up trigger objects etc.

when i went into the red bedroom it had huge wooden beams in and my 1st impression was that they in no way belonged in the house but came from somewher else,with this i had a navy connection,itold the lads this at the time. we went into a yellow bedroom which we all did not like standing at the foot of the bed which was in there,just why we could not say,on video we had a number of orbs show in the room and after a vigel nothing much else.

in another room me and one of the guys sat in the dark for some time and i was asked if i could sence anythin in the room as the room was not what it appeared to be.? as soon as i was told this the 1st thing that came to me was to do with sex and sexual activity.?
[not so strange i hear you say im a man] read on.

down stairs in the main kitchen/dinning room we again caght some orbs around me when i was asking out,and i began to feel the energy of a lovely lady who i think still is in visitation with this lady i belived her to be a house keeper or head maid of sorts and this was her favorite room in the house,with this i also picked up a man a proud man who i belived in life would of been a dentist or a doctor and who practiced this in the building,both the lady and this man were linked at the same time.

well to cut a long story short and we did do other rooms etc etc but when the landlady and her husband asked me what i could tell them,they were including the guys open jawwed cos everything i said made sence.

THE RED ROOM AND MOST OF THE ROOF
AREAS THE OAK BEAMS CAME FROM SHIPS IN SOME CASES THEY WERE SO OLD THEY WELL MAY OF BEEN FROM THE SPANISH ARMADA AND WASHED ASHORE AND USED IN BUILDINGS

THE ROOM WHERE I GOT SEX AND SEXUAL THINGS LINKED WITH WAS THE ROOM YEARS AGO OF A PROSTITUTE WHO APPLIED HER TRADE WITHIN ITS WALLS.

THE BUILDING IN THE PAST WAS USED ALSO AS A SURGERY AND THE DOCTOR HAD A HOUSEMADE WHO WAS LONG TERM IN HIS EMPLOYMENT,IN FACT THE LANDLADY WHO IS SENSEATIVE HAS OFTEN FELT HER PRESENCE IN THE DINNING ROOM AND FOR HER ITS THE MOST FAVORITE ROOM IN THE HOUSE.

THE GUYS WERE SHOCKED BY WHAT I CAME UP WITH AS THE DETAILS OF THE HOUSE CAN NOT BE FOUND ANYWHERE AND I HAD NO IDEA ABOUT THE PLACE PRIOR TO GOING IN.

FOR ME I WAS THRILLED COS THIS WAS ONE OF THE BEST INVESTIGATION IVE DONE WITH THE INFORMATION I WAS ABLE TO COME UP WITH. THE LANDLADY IS KEEN FOR US TO DO FURTHER INVESTIGATIONS.

TO FIND OUT ABOUT THE GEORGE INN NORTON ST PHILLIPAND ITS HISTORY IT MAY BE FOUND ON THE NET,WE ARE LUCKY TO BE ABLE TO USE IT FOR OUR MEETINGS AND TO HAVE BEEN ABLE TO INVESTIGATE THERE WHEN EVER WE WANT.

Reply by CelticSpirits
Here is a link to the Inns site: George Inn Norton St Philip History
http://www.georgeinnnsp.co.uk/home.php
The website is very nice and the photos are amazing.
Reply By White Wolf
this is true guys,on weekend i run a paintbll site in a wood,im ex army so its right up my street,also i love the woods. anyway while i was driving the othr saturday in my minds eye i was taken back to the top rrom of the bar in the gorge inn and i was aware of a man in 17th century clothing paceing up and down in front of the window,i never thought any more on it but for the fact that dave h one of the guys phoned me 30 mins later to ask if i wanted to go out with them ther that very night as we were allowed upstairs.

when i went that night to the top bedroom the duke of mailbrough room it was the very same room i saw in my mind,and i had never been iside that room untill that night,he was shot at through that window back in i think 1643 and the musket ball for years could still be seen imbedded in the roofbeam.

we had alot of good emf readings on the night where i asked spirit to make it go as lod as number 10 on the dial and it did and i asked it to drop down to zero and it did,not just once either.

Reply by Gwinni
Marvellous story there, White Wolf, and strangely in the link Celtic gave us, I noted two familiar names-the Duke of Monmouth (who also has associations with Lyme Regis where I love to go for holidays) and Judge Jefferies, who has associations with Dorchester. In fact, I've stood outside the building where he stayed-it's very old and it has a rather depressing feel to it, even from outside. Keep your stories coming, please!

Reply by CelticSpirits
Trudy, I would love to hear of your adventures at the location where you felt depressed.
Reply by Gwinni
There's not much to tell really, Celtic. We've visited Dorchester a number of times, and on a main street is a building which was a hotel/restaurant when we first visited. At the time, it caught my interest because it looked so old (olde worlde windows and carved wood beams etc.) The thought entered my mind that I wouldn't want to be alone in there at night... Last time we were there, it had become a tearoom, but we didn't have time to go in, as there was an emergency in the town as a result of a gas canister, and all visitors had to evacuate the town, just in case of an explosion! If I'm lucky enough to visit again, I promise to go in and have a brave cup of tea. :lau: Seriously though, I did feel a bit depressed looking in at the window. It didn't have a happy atmosphere. :peek: This is a pic:
Here's a few bits and pieces, if you're interested:
On the evening of Sunday 14th, a force started in the direction of BRIDPORT to attack the Dorset Militia, they were beaten off and fled back to LYME. MONMOUTH met them near CHARMOUTH and was astonished to hear of the defeat. He then decided to move towards TAUNTON, the first stage in his intended march to LONDON. The next day he marched out of LYME REGIS and on FRIDAY 20th JUNE he was proclaimed KING OF ENGLAND in TAUNTON. He then proceeded through SOMERSET where the campaign was defeated on the 5th and 6th July at THE BATTLE OF SEDGEMOOR, MONMOUTH was publicly executed on 15th July at TOWER HILL.
Over the next few weeks the Constables of each Parish in the area were ordered to produce lists of all those suspected to have been involved in the rebellion. It was the men on these lists that LORD CHIEF JUSTICE JEFFREYS tried at the BLOODY ASSIZES
In September 1685 JUDGE JEFFREYS came to DORCHESTER and lodged at 6 HIGH WEST STREET, now a restaurant 'Judge Jeffreys Lodgings', which had been acquired by the Alderman of Dorchester as a Judge's lodgings.
The BLOODY ASSIZES were held in the Oak Room of the Antelope Hotel and begun on the 5th September. JUDGE JEFFREYS is said to have had a secret passage from his lodgings to the Court. The ASSIZES SERMON was preached at the opening of the ASSIZES in St Peters Church, and this custom is still observed today at each assizes.
JEFFREYS is described as having a particularly brutal nature which was inflamed by continual intoxication!!. He was however a sick man and took drink to alleviate his pain. This, however was no consolation to the TWO HUNDRED AND SEVENTY EIGHT rebels who were tried in DORCHESTER, many of whom had the slenderest of connections with the rebellion and were innocent of any crime. Seventy-four were executed, one hundred and seventy-five were
transported and only twenty-nine were pardoned.
The executions were carried out in towns and villages in the area and the dismembered bodies were displayed on spears and poles in prominent places where they stayed until the King made a tour of inspection of the West Country in the summer of 1686.
General about Dorset:
http://www.dorsets.co.uk/Dorchester/
Reply by CelticSpirits
Fascinating history lesson Trudy! 74 executed?!?! 278 taken prisoner?!?! Only 75 pardoned? 175 were transported, to where? The colonies? This man was not just a drunk he was mad! I have long been fascinated with Midevil times but thank my lucky stars that I never had to come across someone like that! What a horrific man. Brutal is being polite! No wonder the building has a depressed feeling about it, its no wonder the whole town is not that way!

Thank you for sharing this, I love history as you know. Oh by the way, I love the way many of our New England towns are named after towns in England. My Grandfather was born in Taunton, Massachusetts.

Reply By White Wolf
excellent reporting well done.

over the road from the plaine and the george in was a orchrd where a number of people were excecuted in nortan st phillip,if you ever get the chance visit the george.

Return to “Haunted Locations”