THE WIZARD OF OZ - MUNCHKIN SUICIDE?

Post links to video clips for us to analyze and debate.
Jemm
Admin
Admin

THE WIZARD OF OZ - MUNCHKIN SUICIDE?

Postby Jemm » Tue May 08, 2012 5:20 pm

http://www.castleofspirits.com/wizardofoz.html

WAS THERE A MUNCHKIN SUICIDE ACCIDENTLY FILMED DURING A SEQUENCE OF THE MOVIE THE WIZARD OF OZ?

read the above article first ..
now heres someones analisis...
Please watch the video before commenting
Look on my channel page for even more clear proof
I have the original vhs tape, mine is 2 years older than the one with the 'hanging', and mine has the bird!
That hanging video was found on a Scotch tape (you can see this clearly in suicidalmunchkins other video) Scotch only manufactured blank tapes so it was definitely a recording.
There are a lot of stories about fired stagehands or heartbroken munchkins, but they are just stories based on the myth. I have used actual evidence to prove that it was faked. Below is a list of facts, all backed up by evidence:

ALL FACTS-
-They did reshoot scenes during production of Wizard of Oz
'Principal photography concluded with the Kansas sequences on March 16, 1939; nonetheless re-shoots and pick-up shots were filmed throughout April, May and into June, Judy Garland had to be brought back one more time in order to reshoot' (Wikipedia)

-The bird is on the original vhs version of Wizard of Oz
-Zapdungaa unboxes his original vhs ('84) in his youtube vid and it has the bird.(video titled proof positive there was no hanging munchkin)
-Suicidal unboxes his original vhs ('85) in his youtube vid and it has the hanging (video titled wizard of oz riposte)
As there is only one version of oz before '89, this means one version must be fake and it also proves the story that 'the bird was edited in on the remastered version' is false

-No such death was ever reported to the LAPD (LAPD death records up to 1939)

-There are no records of it happening anywhere, despite the fact that it aired unchanged for 50 years (any records, anywhere)

-It is easily researched that they used birds from the LA zoo in the background and that the bird in question is a crane, this information can be found in many sources (MGM,'The munchkins of oz' by Stephen Cox, The telegraph, wikipedia, bbc,)

-It was easily possible to take a video, edit on computer then record it onto vhs tapes (people who think you cant edit vhs are strange)

Clearly this is was just a hoax. People say its on an original tape, but it's not, it is in fact on a recorded tape. MGM tapes do not say Scotch on them!
You do not need editing experience to be able to tell that it is definitely parts of the bird that were missed by whoever edited it.

what are your thoughts :think:

Buddah James
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Re: THE WIZARD OF OZ - MUNCHKIN SUICIDE?

Postby Buddah James » Wed May 09, 2012 5:17 pm

its hard to tell with the image being so blurry but there is something swinging
back and forth in the shot but whether its a person or other it's hard to tell

princess13
Devil
Devil

Postby princess13 » Thu May 10, 2012 12:51 pm

I have heard of this one before but I am sure it didn't happen. :grin:

pinkelephants
Devil
Devil

Postby pinkelephants » Mon May 14, 2012 5:49 pm

looks a bit suss to me
this the first time i have heard about this munchkin hanging but to me looks quite lame :histerics:

Return to “Ghost Videos”