Somesby Falls. Central Coast. NSW

This is a section for members to share their ghostly images that they have captured. Feel free to debate and discuss images posted here.
Note: discussion will be kept in a civil manner with respect for all members.
Calmer
Demon
Demon

Somesby Falls. Central Coast. NSW

Postby Calmer » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:27 pm

Went for a kilometre walk up and down steps and stones the other week. :don'tknow: Exhausted after, but worth every step.
Took approx 150 photos being a rather enthausiastic new photographer, when we reached the bottom of the falls four of my photos had this purple marking on it. I can't figure it out, thought it might have been a reflection or something with the lens but the mark shows in a different spot in each photo.
You'll need to scroll down as it's basically bottom centre.

Your point of view would be appreciated....thx

Somesby  Fall.  Central Coast NSW 136.JPG
Somesby Fall. Central Coast NSW 136.JPG (183.51 KiB) Viewed 2747 times
Such is life....

Jemm
Admin
Admin

Re: Somesby Falls. Central Coast. NSW

Postby Jemm » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:06 pm

sunlight reflecting on water, like a rainbow affect possibly...Delly would be able to help with this one.nice photo

Calmer
Demon
Demon

Postby Calmer » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:21 pm

Thank you, I don't mind it. :bigwink:

Delly that would be great if you could break it down. :cheesy:
Such is life....

Dellycat
Site Owner/Admin
Site Owner/Admin

Postby Dellycat » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:01 pm

What a lovely photo and lovely spot, reminds me of our trip along the Great Ocean Road and our trip up to Erskine falls out of Lorne, along the way, so relaxing and beautiful despite the walk and climb.
Looking at the photo from an analystical view, the coloured flare is the light catching either the mirror in the camera or a piece of micro dust that is in the camera. You don't say what sort of camera you are using to take the photo. I have had similar flares in my photos that have been taken towards the sun, bloody annoying sometimes because they ruin a good shot.
150 photos on a walk..... you wouldn't want to be out with me then, I have been known to take 1000 photos in one day which I then weed through for the best shots... Bad habit I have... I love my camera.. I just read my reply to hubby and he said ... you weed through your photos, no you don't, you don't weed anything out... :lol: :histerics: He knows me well....

He said a 1000 images on a good day is a bad day, I am far too critical of what I take... :whistling:

Calmer
Demon
Demon

Postby Calmer » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:23 pm

Thank you Delly, I really do like that shot.

Nikon D50 DSLR is the camera I use.

My best photo effort is approx 400 at two locations. It's so much fun, something hubby and I can share. I think he enjoys me getting a kick out of something and my mouth is shut. :shocked: :histerics:

Great Ocean Road we would love to do one day. The shots I've seen and everyone who's taken the trip have all enjoyed it.

What's your preferred topic to shoot?
Such is life....

Dellycat
Site Owner/Admin
Site Owner/Admin

Postby Dellycat » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:10 pm

I have twin Canon 60D's, one set up for normal shots and landscapes the other set up for macro work as I love the close up world. I used to have two Olympus cameras but hubby bought me a new camera a couple months ago then got me a twin because I always have the wrong lens on the camera at the wrong time :lol:

Oh, I still have my two Olympus cameras as well (E300 & E500) :grin:

Calmer
Demon
Demon

Postby Calmer » Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:54 am

I find the same thing, get fed up changing lenses and by the time you do the shots gone. :shocked:
Can you recommend where I could get a second hand body, Pentax or Nikon?

Macro, I'm strongly hinting :lol: for my birthday.
Some of the shots I've seen are fantastic, especially the insects. So much patiences needed.

Do you computer enhance your photos?
Such is life....

Dellycat
Site Owner/Admin
Site Owner/Admin

Postby Dellycat » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:05 pm

You can get second hand camera bodies on Gumtree, that is where mine came from. I wouldn't trust Ebay because you can't see the item before you buy. Both my cameras were bought through Gumtree and both had very low shutter counts and were like new. We also bought the lenses off Gumtree, only one was bought new from a shop.
Macro work is proving hard from the Canon, not sure if it is because of the crop sensor (like the Nikon, it isn't a full frame) so it is taking a bit of work to get my shots. The old Olympus (full frame) was good at macro work.

I have also bought a wide angle lens for when we go bush, some of the places we visit need to be taken at wide angle. I had to get a 10mm lens for that, it works a treat with my camera.

No I don't enhance my photos, I work hard to get the shot in the camera. I will crop a shot if needed and will adjust the brightness a touch if needed, other than that I don't do anything to them.

Dellycat
Site Owner/Admin
Site Owner/Admin

Postby Dellycat » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:28 pm

Here are some of my photos

Baby grasshopper on a blade of grass, this grasshopper was only about 3mm long
baby grasshopper.jpg
baby grasshopper.jpg (23.61 KiB) Viewed 2736 times

Another baby grasshopper on a flower.
baby grasshopper on flower.jpg
baby grasshopper on flower.jpg (46.54 KiB) Viewed 2736 times

This is one of many I have of Bees going about their business
bee on flower.jpg
bee on flower.jpg (25.62 KiB) Viewed 2736 times

This one was taken out in the goldfields, we were camping and watching this thunderstorm approaching.
storm building over goldfields.jpg

Last of all, this is the sweep helicopter used for the Avon Descent here in Perth. It was on it's final sweep of the river through the Avon Valley section of the race.
chopper over Avon river - ASU.jpg

Jemm
Admin
Admin

Postby Jemm » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:39 am

I love the Bee one, even though I'm alergic to the little buggas

Return to “Members Paranormal Photos”