Tennessee Electric Chair

Post ghost photos here (or links to copy-righted photos on the net) to discuss and debate.
A posted image will be removed if it is copyright.
Dellycat
Site Owner/Admin
Site Owner/Admin

Tennessee Electric Chair

Postby Dellycat » Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:20 pm

Dellycat
Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:59 am

I would be interested in hearing your thoughts on this one
Original photo and information Here
Attachments
tennesseeelectricchairrm9.jpg
tennesseeelectricchairrm9.jpg (93.72 KiB) Viewed 495 times

Jemm
Admin
Admin

Re: Tennessee Electric Chair

Postby Jemm » Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:25 pm

Well, this is interesting. I had to look up Kirlian photography to see what the guy was trying to do which was to see if a strong electric field would produce a halo effect around the object.

Kirlian photography

In 1939, Semyon Kirlian discovered by accident that if an object on a photographic plate is subjected to a high-voltage electric field, an image is created on the plate. The image looks like a colored halo or coronal discharge. This image is said to be a physical manifestation of the spiritual aura or "life force" which allegedly surrounds each living thing. Source: http://skepdic.com/kirlian.html
Apparently, that didn't work, probably because there was no moisture left in the wood of the old chair, and scientists say that it is the moisture in or around objects that produces the halo effect of Kirlian photography.

BUT, he did get something when the light in the room was turned on.
He says there are 5 different images in the photo. I only see one, a face, unless he's counting the circles of light, but I think they are simple lens flares. The face is very clear. I'm going to look at it more closely in Photoshop. Very interesting photo, Sally!

What did you see?

Jemm
Admin
Admin

Re: Tennessee Electric Chair

Postby Jemm » Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:26 pm

Dellycat...

As soon as I saw this I saw the face in the middle of the chair, very clearly. I can't see anything else in the photo and agree he might be commenting on the flares. I called my daughter in and asked her to look at the photo, as soon as she looked she saw the face as well. I also picked up a feeling of dread as soon as I saw the photo and I don't usually pick up feelings like that from a photo.
I want to have a closer look at it in photoshop as well, but haven't had time to do it yet.

Return to “Ghost Photos”