Thoughts anyone?

Post ghost photos here (or links to copy-righted photos on the net) to discuss and debate.
A posted image will be removed if it is copyright.
Glazen
Shadow
Shadow

Thoughts anyone?

Postby Glazen » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:06 pm

Not really sure if you guys mind me linking, but heres a photo one of our group took on Wednesday night thats got us stumped. Any chance of Delly or anyone else having an explanation on the red areas?

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... =1&theater" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Jemm
Admin
Admin

Re: Thoughts anyone?

Postby Jemm » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:38 pm

have no idea on that..flash related maybe but have to say , not a fan of orbs unless there is absolutely no other logical explanation :think: :examine:

Rick

Postby Rick » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:28 pm

I have seen similar pics to this before, looks to me like it could be a reflection of a finger tip.

Cant find the pics now, but looks very similar to some i have seen before that are finger prints (not saying that is definitely what it is, but looks similar).

Either that, or a piece of dust reflecting on an IR light reflection or flash or something.

From the looks of the dust kicking up in the other orb pics you posted, leaning more towards piece of dust or leaf or something reflecting.

Just my thoughts, could be completely wrong....and usually am....lol

Glazen
Shadow
Shadow

Postby Glazen » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:34 am

personally i'm not all that big on orbs either, most of the time there is just too many other explanations on them. But those red areas were what had me wondering, they dont seem solid enough for it to be adams fingers right on the edge of the lens, plus the odds of having two fingers over it like that..

Its possible its lens flair from the ir lights on the rest of the cameras (there were 3 video cameras in the same area at the time) but ive never seen lens flair make red blotches, only major blur or all white, just like pointing a torch at the camera lens but brighter.

Obviously I'm not the image expert of the group lol

Rick

Postby Rick » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:23 am

Again, i could be wrong, but i had another thought.

Not knowing where you are, or the area, it looks like there could be a body of water near by, maybe a river or lake or something?

Also noticed alot of lights in the distance in one shot too.

Could these "orbs" be the glow off Marker Buoys in the water that flash? (More for the green ones)

The red one could be a light from the distance blurred as the focus is on the people in the foreground?

Hope you dont mind, i have uploaded the pics to my site so i can post them all here for you. If you mind, i apologise and will take them down immediately for you.

:thumbsup:

Glazen
Shadow
Shadow

Postby Glazen » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:48 am

na dont mind at all rick :) there is water nearby, a small river underneath the bridge (the investigation was at richmond bridge in tas) so no buoys, but that was a very good point though :D in the opposite direction to the angle the camera was facing is a distant hill marker for airplanes, but much too far away for it to affect the photos. on both sides of the bridge are orange street lights (apparently they work better in fog) but im sure it would have affected more than just that photo. I'll go through some of my personal photos of the area so you can see the same area during the day and get an idea on whats around and distance etc

Jemm
Admin
Admin

Postby Jemm » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:18 am

I think you just hit the nail on the head there Teepee (new nick name for you :grin: )
we have those orange street lights outside our home we live on a main road and often night photos will reflect that red glow colour...I'll take a couple of photos tonight to show you what I mean.

Dellycat
Site Owner/Admin
Site Owner/Admin

Postby Dellycat » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:52 am

Some interesting discussion here and I think I have to agree with Rick on this one. I have taken photos before where I have had similar anomalies in them which at the time was caused by a finger being close to the flash causing a weird reflection onto the shot. I will dig through my photos as well to see if I can find them, not sure if I ditched them or not ages ago. I have had the same result from my smart phone and my big camera, so it isn't just something that can happen on a phone camera. On my big camera, I found it happened once when I kept my hand on the lens after focusing it, the flash bounced off my skin. :smile:

Dellycat
Site Owner/Admin
Site Owner/Admin

Postby Dellycat » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:53 am

Oh, I like the name Tee Pee... Just ask Jemm what I say on the phone... I call you abc123 or xyz something.. I can never remember :lol:

Rick

Postby Rick » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:44 pm

Looking at these pics again, and now knowing there arent any buoys flashing green, i have another theory on the green ones...lol

Again, probably wrong, but....lol

I noticed the green grass in those pics, and I am wondering if it could be dust or something, highlighted green with the flash bounce off from the green grass?

Glazen
Shadow
Shadow

Postby Glazen » Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:29 pm

lol teepee not to bad haha.

so you think its finger tips too delly? I thought if it was that he'd have to be holding the camera very oddly to have the spots top and bottom lol
it wasnt a slr or anything either, just a digital point and shoot type, dunno if that makes any difference

Dellycat
Site Owner/Admin
Site Owner/Admin

Postby Dellycat » Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:48 pm

Depends on the camera, some are more prone to picking up reflections than others.
A suggestion, take the camera outside at night and fiddle with it, try to replicate it and you might find the answer... :thinking2: just a thought. Otherwise we could be going around in circles here for ages trying to work it out... :don'tknow:

I was just looking at the photos again, the second one shows a sideways water orb, was it raining or damp at the time? It is possible that there are water droplets extremely close to the camera that have reflected some sort of light, and I mean close, could also be breath reflecting colour from somewhere when the flash hit it, was it cold? . To me it looks very close to the lens, not something in mid field or over a large area.
Just throwing in more ideas into the pot. :grin:

Maybe, to be more professional (not meant nasty) you could record weather conditions at time of an investigation, time of night, wind, temp, rain, damp, fog, wind direction, overcast, clear night, clear sky, direction of shot, surrounding objects, light source, traffic lights also can cause reflections if near by... all these things help to determine what something might be and help eliminate what it isn't...

kezbot

Postby kezbot » Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:52 pm

Because I know nothing about photograghy I really try not to comment on photo's or the possible causes for images..... but if I can pick up on something in them then I do.... I am not always 100% correct though either but here goes..... regardless of the photo's (small orbs dashing around included.... I saw these on fb but I don't comment on things lke this on fb because it can cause arguments and debates that i'm not interested being involved in, especially when it's based on my opinion... because that's all it is... my opinion, doesn't make it fact.... just my feeling...).... so anyways....

I'm not a fan of orbs either because there's too many 'wat if's'... where u are, how old the place is, etc... But looking basically at u guys on the bridge and the 'orbs'.... I can't help but feel something was following u through the whole thing.... I'm gonna say a young child between 5 & 10 years of age and they were very excited to have u there because they knew u were there and there was a chance u would know they were there..... I originally thought it was a boy but I actually think there were 2, boy and girl... both within the age range I mentioned above. I keep seeing the cemetary just down the road from there and they are both from there, that's where they met... they can't find their families because both families moved on after their death so they just hang out together......

I also think one of ur crew kinda could feel something there but couldn't really explain it..... ur visit was much appreciated and they loved someone being there that finally acknowledges their existance.....

Dellycat
Site Owner/Admin
Site Owner/Admin

Postby Dellycat » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:13 pm

Good one Kezbot :cheesy: we were asked what might explain the red blotches and have completely over looked anything else that may be there. It is true that you don't need to see something in a picture to sense something there or the anomaly is connected to what you sense.
I would be interested to hear if the team did pick up on something there as described as that hasn't been brought up in previous discussion in this topic :cheesy:

I had the same feeling over the stairs photo that was posted on FB, it wasn't the blotches or things you could see, it was what was felt in the photo that counted.

kezbot

Postby kezbot » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:34 pm

Totally Delly,

I could easily say 'yes' it's something but that is based on 'feeling' more than anything... I know too well that photo's are not something to rely on when making a decision on the supernatural because there's always too many factors to consider....

But based on the photo's themselves without the 'odd' bits.... that's what i'm getting... there will never be any proof that i'm right but I hope that what I can do may possibly help in some way or another... that's why we're all here on this site hey? Everyone's knowledge in one or another may and can help either way. :cheesy:

Jemm
Admin
Admin

Postby Jemm » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:07 pm

Paranormal topics are always going to be a big learning curve, just when you think you have it pegged...something else pops up...I know I've personally learnt a heap from members over the years and still learning , :clap:

kezbot

Postby kezbot » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:45 pm

Geez, I have so much to learn it's not funny which is why I like this forum, especially with photography... I didn't realise there were so many variances with what can go wrong in a pic!! .... I like to keep an open mind though and in a field like this, anything can happen... no one really knows for sure what was seen/felt, etc... appart from those who were there at the time (which could be nothing but photo's may show other possibilities....???) and until there is real scientific hard evidence that proves beyond a doubt that the afterlife exists.... there will always be doubts about evidence that can be out forward.... so I take everything with a grain of salt... love seeing/hearing otherwise.... but also trust my own intuition sometimes but am also open to the fact that I know I'm not always right.... either way, it's all still very interesting to me!! :cheesy:

kezbot

Postby kezbot » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:08 pm

I had a chance to watch a few more of your youtube vids today and I'm sticking to my theory about the kids on this one..... there was also one (can't remember where it was) but Sam? felt sick and something around her neck in the toilets there, I remember Steve saying to her before he left theat it would help if she spoke Mandarin..... but there was another room one of u and Steve I think it was were in, looked like an eating area or kitchen?.... holy crappers I got bad chills as soon as I saw it.... creepy shit!! A medal for bravery to guys for even being able to stay in that room for more than 30 secs!!! :yesmaster:

Dellycat
Site Owner/Admin
Site Owner/Admin

Postby Dellycat » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:10 pm

I have looked at this photo again and sorry to say it doesn't sing to me at all. I still think it is reflection of some type in the photo. I don't believe what we are seeing is anything paranormal at all. I don't dismiss others feelings about the photo though, just because I don't pick up anything doesn't mean there is nothing there unseen.
Best I can answer in reply here... :don'tknow:

Glazen
Shadow
Shadow

Postby Glazen » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:06 am

the place that Sam felt something tighten around her throat was at the drunken admiral in the ladies toilets. the story goes that there was a 'china man' who was hung or hung himself in the courtyard of the building and his spirit has been known to lock women in the toilets and strangle them. To be completely honest I got a bad feeling about the toilets myself and never went past the door, could have just been me being a chicken lol.

the other room that steve was in would either be the seating cubicle for semi-private dining or in the kitchens. the kitchens creeped me out in one particular spot as I was walking through with a camera I felt fine until I got to this one area around the back and I suddenly got cold shivers and had the overwhelming urge to just get the hell out. cant explain it beyond that as I havent had that feeling in any other spot so far, hopefully I will recognise it next time and keep the camera rolling, might get lucky :)

Return to “Ghost Photos”