High Quality EVP Capture - East Point - Darwin NT

Post EVP's or links to EVP's on the net here for us to listen to and comment on.
Storm Angel
Spirit
Spirit

High Quality EVP Capture - East Point - Darwin NT

Postby Storm Angel » Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:08 pm

Authentic EVP Capture - East Point NT Australia

Best heard with headphones.

Electrostatic Voice Phenomenon - 7th Sept 2012.
East Point WWII Military Reserve - Darwin NT.
Old Gun Turret.

EVP Quality: Very Good.

Only one friend and myself had the whole place to ourselves.
We sneaked inside the normally locked gun turret building after dark by climbing up the walls to the rooftop.
The duration of the session was quite short, around 25 minutes.

Session results:
Unknown whispered voice captured around 9:30PM via camcorder audio.

The sentence "Come with us" is heard clearly after reversing audio on Sony Vegas Pro 9.
This voice was not heard live at the time of recording.
The voice appeared to come from the room and not the P-SB7spirit box / ITC device, but instead whispered right next to the camera's microphone while it was placed on the ground.
The spirit box was actually not really productive during this session despite the EVP capture on the camcorder., however this is definitely a great quality capture considering the short amount of time we spent there.

Video Link:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/stormgirl1/7955275624/

Rick

Re: High Quality EVP Capture - East Point - Darwin NT

Postby Rick » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:28 pm

Cool EVP

I do have a question though, if i may?

I am not trying to stir anything up, i am new to things, and trying to understand.

Just wondering why you reversed the audio? Where the idea / thought came from?

As i said, not trying to start / stir anything, genuinely curious to learn.

Cheers

Rick

Jemm
Admin
Admin

Postby Jemm » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:38 am

good point..I'm not up on the technical side of investigations so any input on the hows whys and what fors are appreciated :clap:

Storm Angel
Spirit
Spirit

Postby Storm Angel » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:43 am

Hi guys!

That's easy, I've seen it done before and read about it on other paranormal sites. :)
EVPs which can be understood backwards have been coined as "Class R".

I could not make out the words when it was whispered forwards so out of interest and experimentation I reversed the audio to see if there was a chance the EVP could be better understood or if it was even spoken in English or another language.
It was really weird finding this, my friend and I did not hear that voice live on site, it was not until we got home to analyze recordings.
We were stunned to capture a very clear and distinct voice on the audio that was not our own, it seems to be whispered right near the microphone.
The sound of our voices from the audio suggests this, it lets you hear that my friend and I were standing a few metres away from the camcorder due to the decay and reverb of our voices effected by the aucoustic properties of the building we were in.

I will soon be investing in an IR / full spectrum camcorder when finances allow for it.
I've seen some deals that look good on GhostStop. Ebay, Digital Dowsing, etc.
It will be great to get some visible footage going for future investigations.

At the moment we are using the current Sony camcorder as a sound recorder.

I hope this helps. :)

Jemm
Admin
Admin

Postby Jemm » Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:39 pm

thanks for explaining Storm :thumbsup:

Rick

Postby Rick » Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:44 pm

awesome, thanx for the explanation, and thank you for not taking it the wrong way :)

Will have to keep that in mind when i finally get all my gear and start investigating :)

Cheers

Rick

Dr Whom
Spirit
Spirit

Postby Dr Whom » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:28 pm

Like Rick, I don't want to be seen as being obtrusive or anything, but hopefully this can be discussed in an open, and understanding way.

When I first read this post I just thought it wasn't something I'm interested in, so I won't become involved, but after giving it some thought, and reading it some more, I would like to open up the discussion.

Once we start reversing "sounds", can't we be accused of manipulating sounds every which way until we get it to sound something like we want?

If reversing doesn't work, do we then speed it up as well, and increase the sound level?

I'm just of the impression that if a spirit wanted to say hello, we should hear a loud and clear "Hello", without having to magnify, reverse or manipulate the sound in any way.

Again, I'm just expressing my views based on what is being presented here and am do not want to offend or be seen to be "having a go". My reason for being here at Aussie Ghosts is so (for me) stuff like this can be discussed openly.

Thoughts?

The Doctor

Storm Angel
Spirit
Spirit

Postby Storm Angel » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:28 am

Hi Dr. Whom,
I'm far from being an expert in this field but one thing I'm sure of it that is a genuine EVP, however it is hard to make out what is being whispered or whether the language vocalized is even in English.
The reversal is just an experimentation that considers a possibility to what is being said. It is not a certainty. :)
The video plays the first segment with the EVP not edited at all, then shows it in reverse simply to show a possibility.

I don't believe EVP should be manipulated, at least not verbally, however reversing the content or changing the speed slightly is good to show others that may not catch on to the original speed of the audio.

We don't know enough about the mathematics and geometry of space and time in regards to extra dimensions so any experimentation and trial can be a good way to learn. :)

Jemm
Admin
Admin

Postby Jemm » Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:21 am

Thanks StormAngel
This is what this Forum is all about , its a great place to learn all aspects of the paranormal..I am clueless with the tech side of things so I'm all ears and always learning , thanks again for your imput :thumbsup:

Return to “Ghost Audio”