Admin

Bumps on the Time Track

Postby Jemm » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:56 pm

Dellycat
Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008

Bumps on the Time Track
By Brad Steiger
FATE :: December 2004

Some years ago, a friend of mine from Aurora, Illinois, told me of the time that he had stayed overnight in a haunted house on a dare from his fraternity brothers.

“I was about to write to whole thing off as the dullest night in my life,” Bill said, “when I heard noises in the front hallway. At first I thought it was some of my frat brothers sneaking around to scare me. I stepped away from my sleeping bag in a front room to come face-to-face with a man in a belted smoking jacket about to start up the stairs.”

The man seemed as startled as Bill. He blinked his eyes, shook his head as if to clear his senses, then continued on his way up the staircase.

“When he was almost at the top, the man slowly turned around and looked down at me. We had eye contact for several seconds before the man resumed his movement up the stairs and walked through a wall.”

Bill was confident that he had seen a real ghost. Later he learned that there had once been a door to a bedroom at the very spot where the phantom had walked through the wall.

I agreed that he may have seen a ghost, but I suggested that Bill may also have briefly stepped into another dimension in time (possibly the early 1900s, judging by his description of the man’s clothing) and encountered a former resident on his way to bed. Apparently, the startled gentleman in his era also saw a “ghost,” and he may have talked for the rest of his life about the wraith of a tall, thin youth with shoulder-length hair and a beard that he encountered one night at the foot of the stairs.

In numerous cases that I have investigated, I have often wondered if the witnesses have truly encountered ghosts or if they suddenly stepped into a restored scene from the past—and for a time they, themselves, became “ghosts” out of space and time ...

http://fatemag.com/issues/2000s/2004-12article2a.html

Return to “Time and Dimension”