Ghostly homes

Jemm
Admin
Admin

Ghostly homes

Postby Jemm » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:19 pm

Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2009

Ghostly Homes, Villages Throughout Cultures

In May 1987, while hiking Beinn Fhionnlaidh in the Highlands of Scotland, two members of the Lochaber Mountain Rescue Team, Donald Watt and George Bruce, happened upon a innocuous cottage. It was described as being a two-story granite structure nestled on the shore of the loch below. The dwelling wasn't marked on their maps and they found it curious that neither had known of its existence. The two decided to break from the trail and head down for a closer look. Briefly, during the journey down, the two men lost sight of the cottage behind a small knoll. However, when they surmounted the obstruction, both were shocked to find the cottage gone. The two scoured the area to no avail. Puzzled and running behind schedule, the men returned to their initial heading. Later, they learned that a small lodge once sat at the edge of the lake, but had been inundated by a dam project in the 1950's
http://strangestate.blogspot.com/2009/01/ghostly-homes-villages-throughout.html

Jemm
Admin
Admin

Re: Ghostly homes

Postby Jemm » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:21 pm

aufo8mycow
Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2009

Great story what is interesting is these tales are not uncommon, in fact they are recorded all over the world; there is even one about a couple on holiday in Cornwall come across a village but could never find it again along with stories of old shops in Bold street Liverpool which has happened to a number of different people over different times and old houses for a minute going back in time in London to see old scenes of people tending he garden.

Not to mention the principal and vice-principal of St Hugh's College, Oxford, who believed they slipped back in time in the gardens of the Petit Trianon at Versailles from the summer of 1901 to the period of the French Revolution.. Surely someone in such an honoured position would not make something as fantastic as that up?

Something that happened to me when I was 15 while on my paper round which I still think about, even today was as I walked down the long alley through fields to my home along the Lougher Estuary I looked to my right and the sun was about 40 degrees above the horizon over Llanelli but it was 7:00 in the morning, the sun should of been to my left... over Swansea at the time I was just confused and for years it sat in my mind but for the sun to be in that position would mean it was more like 4pm in the afternoon.. to this day I have no idea why the sun(if that is what it was) was on that side of the sky.. these days you can check the angle on google earth to get the exact time but since then I have been back and looked up at the exact spot and clearly on that day and time.. the sun was not where it should of been although the rest of the landscape was unchanged.. an oddity so perhaps that was a time slip, who knows.

Thing is, most people don't realise it's happening until after the event when they think.. that was strange, as I said I remember at the time thinking hmmm that is odd but it looked like a rising sun, didn't think it was a setting one.. there is a couple of recorded events when two complete strangers experiance it at the same time both seemingly going back in time together.

The science of this worm holes to the past is already there, it's the trigger no one can find; theoretical physics which is well above my head but amazing non the less

There are quite a few stories on Wiki which you can read here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_slip

Until the German mathematical physicist Albert Einstein came along, scientists regarded time as an absolute, unchanging when we now realise it isn't every time the space shuttle launches or a satellite goes into space; time differences have to be worked out due to different gravatational forces and of course speed, you GPS satellites you use in your car have to use the same equations or you could be many thousands of miles of course within hours or days.

If you are ever bored, have a google of Time dialation it makes interesting reading A good example of Time-dilation has also been observed in sub-atomic particle such as the muon, which decays on average after 2.2 microseconds. These particles are created when cosmic rays enter the upper atmosphere, and are so short-lived, they ought not to persist for long enough to reach the Earth's surface, but they do, because they are moving so fast that their time-scale, relative to ours, is slowed down.

If you ever want to experiance time travel, just go out on a star'y night and look up at the heavens, the light from those stars have taken many millions of years to reach your eye, if you could get a telescope to see those images of the planets that surround those stars you would see what was happening perhaps 200 million years ago, while the science I am sure with time slips has nothing to do with how long light takes to reach your eyes, it shows how complex this field is with so many different angles.. I do wonder how many people go through a time slip... and never realise...

An interesting read is the philadelphia experiment for anyone who has a bit of time...

Return to “Time and Dimension”