Dream saved my life

Post your dreams here, do you have premonition dreams? Do you have vivid dreams that you want to share?
Dr Whom
Spirit
Spirit

Dream saved my life

Postby Dr Whom » Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:59 pm

One of the main reasons I'm back, is to share this amazing (to me) experience, and get others thoughts.

In the first week of June I had a dream that I was driving my car, changing channels on my radio, and had a head on crash with a P plater.

It was quite a vivid dream, so that day, when driving to my Mum's with my daughter in the car, I was being extremely careful, and I told my 18 year old daughter about the dream.

Whenever we came near a P plater I went into paranoid mode.

All went well, and later that evening I dropped my daughter off at Karate. An hour later, I went to pick her up.

It was dark and raining, this was my last trip of the day , and I was being soooo careful, even doing around 10k under the speed limit when on the 70k road. Because of this, I managed to pick up the fact that there was a car heading straight towards me - it was on the wrong side of the road. I slowed, flashed my lights, and eventually the car realised it was on the wrong side, and turned off.

Two weeks previously I'd fitted a camera to the car, so you can actually see the event here:

What got me, was that I dreamed I crashed, but because of the dream, I didn't. That means I shouldn't have been able to dream about it because I didn't crash! See what I mean!

Unless it means that somehow the future isn't cast in stone, and based on our intuition, we can actually do something different?

Thoughts?

BTW, the only other time in my life I dreamt of a car crash, was around 25 years ago. Again I was careful for days, but it was my brother who ended up having a car crash the following day!

The Doctor

Jemm
Admin
Admin

Re: Dream saved my life

Postby Jemm » Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:12 pm

:thinking2:
only you can answer this, you were there , but as a viewer of the clip it seems he was making a right hand turn..hard for me to tell in the clip, BUT good on you for doing what you did..should have chased the bugga and got his number plate!

now if in the dream you crashed and here you didnt , could the dream possibly be a warning for you to give someone else? just a thought :think:

Dellycat
Site Owner/Admin
Site Owner/Admin

Postby Dellycat » Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:38 pm

I saw the car, looked like they forgot or didn't realise it was one lane each way when they decided to turn. I have seen that happen before though in day time. What road was that on? Is it one of those roads that is duel carriage way in places and not others? Also, some people loose sight of where they are on the road in bad weather when they are inexperienced, could be that as well. I remember crossing across the road once in the first months I had my license, I was driving at night in heavy rain and when it eased I was well and truly on the wrong side of the road and just fortunate nothing was coming the other way. :closet:

Dr Whom
Spirit
Spirit

Postby Dr Whom » Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:56 pm

Hi Delly,

It was on Hepburn Ave, dual lane - you can actually see another car, going the same way, but on the right side of the road, opposite that car when it turns right.

There is a very large island separating the other dual lane - guess they came on at Wanneroo Rd and were travelling West.

The Doctor.

Dellycat
Site Owner/Admin
Site Owner/Admin

Postby Dellycat » Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:49 pm

I will have to watch it again, it is difficult to see in the wet conditions exactly what is happening though you can see the car is on the wrong side of the road. I don't know about you but I am noticing more and more... "people from overseas" who can't drive on our roads yet manage to get a drivers license and become a dangerous addition to our roads.

If the car came onto Hepburn at Wanneroo road, how the hell did it end up on the wrong side unless it was on the wrong side at that intersection. It really makes you wonder doesn't it, also how fortunate for you that you were aware something might happen and managed to change destiny and how fortunate someone else didn't crash into them. Out of curiosity, how far along Hepburn had they travelled on the wrong side of the road if they came on at Wanneroo road?

Dr Whom
Spirit
Spirit

Postby Dr Whom » Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:32 pm

Hi Delly,

Looks like there are two streets on the North side, and one on the South side that the car could have come from, if they didn't come from Wanneroo Rd.

I agree - my Daughter is currently going for her Drivers License, and when you look at how stringent the rules are, yet someone with an International license can just jump in a car and drive, and will not know ALL the rules, and some will not have much experience or skill.

The Doctor

Dellycat
Site Owner/Admin
Site Owner/Admin

Postby Dellycat » Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:56 pm

Dr Whom wrote:
I agree - my Daughter is currently going for her Drivers License, and when you look at how stringent the rules are, yet someone with an International license can just jump in a car and drive, and will not know ALL the rules, and some will not have much experience or skill.

The Doctor

Or... some one that has never driven and had someone else get their license in the country they come from, then come here and use that license to get a WA license without even having to do a driving test.
I worked with a woman a couple years back who told me she had got herself a car but was nervous about driving it. I asked her why she was nervous and she put her hand over her mouth and quietly said... "I don't drive, my friend got my license in Malaysia and I used that to get a license here" I was horrified and said to her... promise me you will do some driving lessons before you even think of going out on the road!!!!!!!!!!!! She said she would.... if she did.. I will never know as I left that job about a week later.
I have heard the stories and that was the first time I had meet someone who openly admitted it!

Dellycat
Site Owner/Admin
Site Owner/Admin

Postby Dellycat » Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:18 pm

I just looked at your map in google maps. You said the car was a P plater in your dream, I am wondering if it was a P plater either following a dare to drive along the wrong side of the road between those two streets as we all know they think they are invincible. Other thing is, it could have been a P plate driver doing a U turn at the intersection,driving out into the carriage way and back into the road. It is a bend on that stretch of road as seen in the video as well, you could have come around the bend as the car was facing you just before it turned off, either way it was stupid.
I believe you managed to change the future by being aware because it would have been so easy to go around that sweeping bend and hit that car if you had been doing the speed limit or even a tad over, it doesn't take much to go wrong on a stretch of road like that. I do believe if you are lucky enough to be given a warning, you are given a chance to rewrite your own future because in reality it hasn't really happened yet. I really do believe you have a very special gift and only the second person I have ever known who has been given that gift.

Return to “Dreams”