What is Lucid Dreaming?

Post your dreams here, do you have premonition dreams? Do you have vivid dreams that you want to share?
Jemm
Admin
Admin

What is Lucid Dreaming?

Postby Jemm » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:58 pm

Shiaggra
Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2009

Definition
There is nothing inherently difficult to understand about the concept of lucid dreaming: as stated in the introduction, lucid dreaming is simply dreaming while being aware you are dreaming. You can think of lucid dreaming as being conscious while dreaming. If, by chance, during a dream it suddenly dawns on you that you are dreaming, then you have experienced a lucid dream, regardless of whether you have been able to attain control of your dream. Lucid dreaming is usually induced by some sort of cue—something that indicates to the person that what he or she is experiencing is a dream, and not reality. Cues, however, are not necessary for becoming lucid: sometimes people spontaneously become lucid without noticing anything strange or typical of dreams. Lucid dreaming is a very simple concept but for most it will take patience and determination to achieve.

Many people seem ignorant of the distinction between having a lucid dream, and controlling a dream. Being able to freely control one’s dream does not directly follow becoming lucid: one can have a lucid dream without any control whatsoever. Controlling your dream is simply proceeding to the next level, by attempting to exert your will upon your surroundings.

More info at this link...
http://www.dreamviews.com/whatislucid.php

pinkelephants
Devil
Devil

Re: What is Lucid Dreaming?

Postby pinkelephants » Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:07 pm

WOW
my husband is always telling me hes alway having lucid dreams and its keeping him up most of the night which then leaves me with the kids to deal with in the morning :swear: :furious:

i did have one last night wish i could remember it though it was quite scarey but interesting at the same time

dannoz22

Postby dannoz22 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:25 pm

I had my first lucid dream several years ago however it never really dawned on me that it was a lucid dream. I looked into it a bit further and after a few months of trying to 'induce' a lucid dream I FINALLY learnt how to do it.

From there I learnt how to control my own actions in a dream. It's quite an experience. I sometimes find myself in and out of control of the dream, and I'm vying to take the dream in a different direction than it's heading and I can feel myself physically fighting myself for power (don't I sound crazy?).

Is there anyone else here that's had a similar experience?

pinkelephants
Devil
Devil

Postby pinkelephants » Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:02 pm

sorry danny no
unfortunately i havent received a gift to which my mind will open too even though I would give it a try

but i did have an experience the other night after talking to my sister on face book or more fight than anything i dreamt she moved away with a boyfriend and that she had died mysteriously and I was trying to figure out how
dont know had me pretty rattled in the morning

dannoz22

Postby dannoz22 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:49 pm

Dreams are fascinating things. When you dream next, as soon as you wake up write it down. Every detail you remember, no matter how obscure it is.
Before you go to bed, read over what you wrote and as you turn the lights off and close your eyes, try and re-enter that dream. Imagine you are in the same location the dream took place. If in the dream you were in a kitchen and having a glass of milk (what a boring dream!) - then picture yourself in the kitchen, and then picture yourself going to the fridge, getting the milk, getting a cup and pouring the milk into it ready to drink.
This is how you can begin to play an active part in your dream. Try it a few times, it will come more naturally.
After a while, you will notice that you can more easily imagine yourself moving around the kitchen, getting the milk, and if you dream that night, you will (hopefully) enter that dream from where you put yourself. It's an amazing experience.

princess13
Devil
Devil

Postby princess13 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:18 pm

I don't think I have lucid dreams but I do have stupid and exhausting dreams. I also realised recently that I dream in colour. I was told that people dream in black and white but I dont'. Anyone else dream in colour? The lady at work said she dreams in colour too. And how come the "experts" say we dream in black and white. (sorry to go off the beaten track here)

Grizz
Jan 1962 - Jan 2012

Postby Grizz » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:43 pm

I've heard that "black and white" story too Princess, but I've also heard from several people like yourself that dream in color. Sometimes the experts aren't as expert as they think they are. :brains:
January 1962 - January 2012

Only 50 yrs young

R.I.P Mark

ImageImage

Proud member of the Chewy tribe, established 2011.

pinkelephants
Devil
Devil

Postby pinkelephants » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:46 pm

my dreams are usually colour but depends on what im dreaming about yes colour normally

Grizz
Jan 1962 - Jan 2012

Postby Grizz » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:52 pm

I very seldom recall my dreams, so I really don't know if I dream in b&w or technicolor! :bigwink:
January 1962 - January 2012

Only 50 yrs young

R.I.P Mark

ImageImage

Proud member of the Chewy tribe, established 2011.

princess13
Devil
Devil

Postby princess13 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:20 pm

Thanks guys glad to know that. I recall a lot of my dreams but usually later on. And they never make sense. LOL
:thinking2: :thinking2: And alot of the time I am dreaming about work or not being able to get there. :smile:

Jemm
Admin
Admin

Postby Jemm » Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:38 pm

you still at Aussie Post? boy they got a bad rapp on Today Tonight , up ? to what 70,000 packages lost per DAY!!! :thinking2: Thats gotta be from Central

princess13
Devil
Devil

Postby princess13 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:42 pm

Didn't see that story...........Will have to go to the link and watch it.

Return to “Dreams”