Psychic Detective

Know a good Ghost Story? This is the place to put it!
Jemm
Admin
Admin

Psychic Detective

Postby Jemm » Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:43 pm

Psychic Detective
Annette Martin - Psychic Detective

Spiritchaser
Posted: Sat Oct 18, 2008

Annette Martin lives in Campbell, a community just southwest of San Jose. She has made numerous national and international appearances on TV, including “48 Hours,” “Montel,” “Good Morning California” and shows on the Discovery Channel, the History Channel, the Travel Channel and BBC.

Martin said she has been seeing ghosts since she was 7. As does the character in NBC’s “Medium,” Martin sometimes works as a psychic detective with her partner, retired homicide police Lt. Chuck Seymour of Novato, in assisting law enforcement agencies.

Martin said there is a difference between “bad vibes” and a ghost. “If it’s a ghost,” she said, “there will be some interaction with the environment.”

Most encounters, she said, are really bad vibes, which come from something intense or negative, such as memories of an intense or horrific event — a murder, rape or battle. Those powerful negative memories leave what could be called a psychic scar or imprint on a location.

“The best thing to do then with bad vibes is hold a party,” said Martin. She said an event with lots of happy emotions usually masks or covers negative emotions like a bandage covers a wound.

For honest-to-goodness ghosts, Martin and other ghostbusters test environmental factors such as magnetic activity or temperature drops.

“When I go into a (haunted) room and I notice them, they are usually very grateful someone can finally hear them,” she said of the ghosts she encounters.

Martin told a Campbell Express interviewer, “Sometimes the ghost doesn’t know it’s dead, sometimes it doesn’t want to leave and sometimes they just don’t want to go into the light.”

Despite common depictions of ghosts seeking revenge, Martin added that no ghosts she’s encountered have been aggressive. “No, they’re peaceful. Maybe upset and confused, but never murderous.”

So the next time you hear something go bump in the night, remember: If it’s not a ghost, you may be in serious danger.

Citation: http://www.modbee.com/local/story/107707.html

Reply by Gwinni:
Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2008
How interesting, Sprite! I particularly liked the bit about a party to overcome negativity-is that why we have house-warming parties, I wonder?

Reply by Gypsyvanner:
Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2008
This article was good -and what a good point, Trudy! Might try and find out if there is an older meaning behind the phrase, 'house warming party.' I also like this person's theory about 'ghosts' not being malevolent...makes me feel a little better, lol!

Reply by Gwinni:
Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2008
I know it's a bit superstitious, but I always felt that a lot of the bad times I had in this house were down to not having a house warming at the start. When we built an extension a couple of years ago, I made sure we had a party! Don't know if it's helped, but I feel better for having had one.

Reply by CelticSpirits:
Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2008
Very interesting article Sprite! Thanks for posting this article! Gypsy & Trudy, I found this: "Housewarming parties" have their origin in Scotland, where embers from the fireplace of an old home were carried to start the fire in a new house.

Reply by sprite:
Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2008
I have suspected that some paranormal encounters could be "bad vibes", as these are described in the article. This is apparently when an event or memory becomes etched in time, thus becoming like a video recording of the energy of the actual event. So if this is the case, then many ghost sightings may not actually be of the individual/s souls, but rather a replay of the event itself.

Return to “Ghost Stories”