The Ghost Cat

Know a good Ghost Story? This is the place to put it!
Jemm
Admin
Admin

The Ghost Cat

Postby Jemm » Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:37 pm

The Ghost Cat - A True Pet Haunting Story
David Slone
February 05, 2008

This is a very strange, but true ghost story. Not everyone believes in ghosts but I do and I have had several experiences with the supernatural, this is only one of my encounters.

This happened when I was only (8) eight years old.

My bus driver's wife had a kitten and she wanted to get rid of it so she offered it to me first and of course I took the female kitten from her. Now this was the first cat that I can remember owning, she was a black and white cat and for some reason I gave her the name Dozier. She was a very sweet cat and she truly was mine because she was every where that I was.

http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/51415

Reply by sprite:
Posted: Tue Feb 12, 200
Our big grey tabby got killed in the busy road near our house last September. I buried him in our side yard. Our other cat would miss him for a long time. Sometimes she would move her head around like she was seeing something invisible that we could not. Last weekend I was taking some flash pictures in the living room. I was editing some of the pictures when I noticed some shadowy shapes up the hallway. I zoomed in on this, and there was a shadowy shape of a cat here, with the exact same proportions of the tabby that we had lost. My hair stood up and shivers ran down my spine when I saw this.

Reply by CelticSpirits:
Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2008
Sprite, I know the feeling. I had to put my 16 year old Aussie down last April. Our other dog that my Aussie had raised would lay and stare at her bed. He would whine and lift his head, his ears would perk up and he would go to her bed or where she would lay in the living room. He would stare at it and wag his tail. As if she was there and he knew it. We have since put her bed next to his. He will not lay on her bed he will only lay on his even if his butt is hanging off. Oddly enough I swear I saw her out of the corner of my eye a few months ago sitting behind my chair as was her custom while I was at the computer. If she is still here, I hope that she is happy and able to move on if that is her choice.

Sorry to hear about your tabby, it is hard to loose them when they are old, it is awful to loose them by accident.

Reply by Gypsyvanner
Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2008
I saw my old girl the day we put her to sleep. She was 'my' girl, a big old mastiff with a big old heart and she followed me everywhere. I would lie with her on the carpet and give her a cuddle. I cried into her fur the day I learned my son had cancer and she died the same year he did.

I went to bed that night, I was devastated - she had been diagnosed with inoperable cancer and was in so much pain. That day we had taken her to the vet and she had put her gently to sleep. I went to bed and cried because I was so sad, she had been my friend and my companion for 10 years. We had an almost telepathic relationship and I just didn't know how I would cope without my comfort blanket.

I woke up around 3 o'clock in the morning and sat up in bed for some unknown reason. I turned and looked over the bed and there she was, my old girl, all curled up like she used to be on her special blanket. I remember rubbing my eyes and thinking, 'but she's dead!' As I looked, she slowly disappeared.

Now some say it might have been grief but I like to think it was her come to say that nothing changes, nothing goes, it is just altered. Never saw her again, but I didn't need to...I know she's somewhere in time waiting for me, along with all the other little pets I have lost. But she was special, very special and one day I will walk with her through those green fields again, and feel her gentle presence. I do miss her

Mind you I have my Harley now and I have a special relationship with him. I can't cope with losing pets.

Return to “Ghost Stories”