Man kills daughter trying to exorcise demon

Share the latest ghostly news articles here or other bizarre stories you would like to share that don't quite fit in the other forums.
Jemm
Admin
Admin

Man kills daughter trying to exorcise demon

Postby Jemm » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:15 am

http://www.examiner.com/article/man-kills-daughter-trying-to-exorcise-demon

A man in Virginia claimed that he killed his 2-year-old daughter Jocelyn because she was gesturing to him like she wanted to fight. According to authorities, a Mexican citizen, 30-year-old Eder Guzman-Rodriguez punched and choked his daughter to death in order to exorcise a demon out of her. He pleaded no contest to the murder yesterday.

When Floyd County Sherriff Deputies arrived at the scene, they found Eder Guzman-Rodriguez and his wife, Carmen Nolazco in the living room. Nolazco had visible injuries all over her body and was crying. Jocelyn's body was located in the couple's bedroom wrapped in a blanket.

“I didn’t mean to kill the baby.” Guzman-Rodriguez said to authorities after the incident in November 2011.

Guzman-Rodriguez later told police that his daughter Jocelyn had a demon inside of her and that he had attempted to exorcise the demon out. Authorities also found bibles and religious materials all throughout his home.

“I know I am the one who hit her. I was the only one there. The demon used my body to kill her.” Guzman-Rodriguez said to the arresting officers during interrogation.

Guzman-Rodriguez was sentenced on Monday to 20 years and 11 months for the murder of his daughter Jocelyn.

Return to “Ghosts in the News”