Intro to Astrology.

This is the place for all your Astrology information and questions.
megsy
Demon
Demon

Intro to Astrology.

Postby megsy » Sat May 18, 2013 7:55 pm

Astrology is a group of systems, traditions, and beliefs in which knowledge of the relative positions of celestial bodies and related details is held to be useful in understanding, interpreting, and organizing information about personality, human affairs, and other terrestrial matters. A practitioner of astrology is called an astrologer, or, less often, an astrologist. Historically, the term mathematicus was used to denote a person proficient in astrology, astronomy, and mathematics.

Although the two fields share a common origin, modern astronomy is entirely distinct from astrology. Astronomy is the scientific study of astronomical objects and phenomena, whereas astrology is concerned with the attempt to correlate these phenomena with earthly affairs. Astrology is variously considered by its proponents to be a symbolic language,a form of art,science,this source's reliability may need verification or divination.The scientific community generally considers astrology to be a pseudoscience or superstition as astrologers have failed empirical tests in controlled studies. Despite the lack of scientific evidence, belief in astrology is widespread.

The word astrology is derived from the Greek áóôñïëïãßá, from Üóôçñ (aster, "star") and ëüãïò (logos, "speech, statement, reason"). The -ëïãßá suffix is written in English as -logy, "study" or "discipline".

When I do an Astrology chart for someone, I find out the time of birth (when possible) and of course the date, and also the place of birth as well. I have a chart that has two wheels with a pin in the middle and I align these three things to get the following aspects. Of course, every one has these aspects, but it is the combinations that makes one unique.

Here are a couple of the aspects explained.

The Ascendant
Your Sun sign reveals the true you, whereas your Ascendant reflects the personality you project to others you meet. It’s your image, you’re appearance, and the way others see you.

The Midheaven
This is a term most people never come across, and put simple – it is the symbolic astrological point that was immediately above your head at the time of your birth. It has an important bearing on your ego, career and professional prospects because it shows the objectives and goals you’re working towards in your life. Your midheaven sign is the ambitious you – and the image – that you project to the world at large.

The Moon’s Nodes
These are the points where the path of the Sun and Moon apparently cross the sky. Astrologers are still debating what the true meanings of the Nodes are but I believe it relates to Karma.

The Sun Sign
Most columns and books are based on your Sun sign (or known also as your Star sign) but they are only a small part of the story when you examine a birth chart. The Sun reveals our true selves – when you get to know people well it is their Sun sign you connect with.
There is an inn, a merry old inn beneath an old grey hill, And there they brew a beer so brown that the Man in the Moon himself came down one night to drink his fill - sign under the Prancing Pony Inn - LOTR

Return to “Astrology”