Why The Alamo Is Haunted

Do you know of a haunted battlefield? Discuss it here!
Jemm
Admin
Admin

Why The Alamo Is Haunted

Postby Jemm » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:27 am

Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2009

There is a place in San Antonio, Texas known by everyone as a symbol of man’s desire for freedom. One of the world’s most recognized buildings. The Alamo. But there is another side of the Alamo not so well known. The Alamo is possessed by ghosts.

To understand why the Alamo is haunted one needs to know a little of Texas history. Texas, in 1836, was in a struggle for independence from the dictatorial iron hand of Santa Anna, the president of Mexico.

Santa Anna was determined to squelch the struggle by a policy of death, with no quarter, to the rebels whom he referred to as pirates. Santa Anna had already stopped all immigrants from the United States from entering Texas.

Prior to the massacre on March 6, 1836, the Texans, comprised of both Hispanic and Anglo, Texans, had successfully engaged Gen. Cos’ garrison in San Antonio in an attempt to remove the Mexican military from Texas. The rebellious Texans and Tejanos allowed Cos and his men to keep their arms with the agreement that they would leave Texas and not return. Santa Anna, upon learning of this defeat of his military, began a forced march to San Antonio with the goal of total extermination of the rebels.

Arriving in San Antonio February 23, 1836 his advance forces took over San Antonio as a result of the rebels determining that the whole city would be too difficult to defend and establishing a defensive posture in the Alamo. About 200 defenders holed up in the old mission. Under siege for 13 days, the rebels lost not a single man despite an almost constant bombardment by cannon.

On March 6, 1836 Santa Anna stormed the Alamo. The horror and atrocities began.

As is theorized by many who have deep interest in so called ghosts (for lack of a better word), the circumstances of death have a huge impact on a person’s spirit’s ability to peacefully move on to the afterlife. The circumstances of death for the Alamo defenders were extremely horrible.

Prior to the battle the defenders were actually expecting other rebels to come to their aid, But the morning of March 6, 1836 brought the heartbreaking realization that no help would be coming, The defenders felt they had been abandoned by their friends but were also determined to give their precious lives at a price Santa Anna could not afford to pay. It has been said that for every Texan that died that day, ten of Santa Anna’s men also died or sustained incapacitating injuries.

The Alamo defenders fought like wild men with a desperation never before seen in any battle. One must remember that in those days a man was bound by a sense of honor, devotion to God, country, family and friends. A concept not understood by most of today’s society of selfishness and egotism. A man lived and was judged by his sense of right and wrong. It was right to die for a belief and wrong to be a coward. A simple concept without complications.

Santa Anna’s men were given orders to kill them all. And they did. Only a handful of women and very young children were spared. Young boys as young as twelve were killed. The defenders who were able to escape the confines of the Alamo compound were chased down by Mexican cavalry and killed with lances.

http://www.book-of-thoth.com/article1596.html

Jemm
Admin
Admin

Re: Why The Alamo Is Haunted

Postby Jemm » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:29 am

white wolf:
Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2009
ive just read this and may i say what a damn fine piece of writing well done.

my hero general george s patton said once

"its not the point of the bayonett which breaks the line but the glint in the attackers eye."
brave men all so they were.

i know what you mean my ancestors fought the english as clansman on culloden moor in inverness in scotland and were butchered by the english cavalry ,men women and children also. my clan cameron were among the bravest. ive been to the field and paid my respects and it has a real feel not unlike the alamo im sure.

culloden was the last battle fought on british soil and matked the end of the clan system.

guess im still a rebel at heart,i was there in a previouse life im sure.

pinkelephants
Devil
Devil

Postby pinkelephants » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:57 pm

very touching know what these brave men and boys went thru

such a waste of life just for some land greedy greedy man, pay my respects to the dead and what valiant lives they did lead.

Jemm
Admin
Admin

Postby Jemm » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:42 pm

thanks for bumping this up...great story isnt it? I love history

pinkelephants
Devil
Devil

Postby pinkelephants » Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:25 pm

i get really interested in history and stories that i forget what im doing half th time lol

Jemm
Admin
Admin

Postby Jemm » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:50 pm

one for the History buffs

kezbot

Postby kezbot » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:17 am

Very sad...... :sorry:

Buddah James
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Postby Buddah James » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:02 pm

the history of the Alamo will always be stained with the pain of losing
one life in the stand for freedom from tyranny and persecution !!
and I don't blame those people who lost their lives in the battle in
haunting the area and any buildings !!

Jemm
Admin
Admin

Postby Jemm » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:29 pm

well said James :clap: and so true

pinkelephants
Devil
Devil

Postby pinkelephants » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:38 pm

agree james
thats why we need to learn from the past and not to make the same mistakes again !

Return to “Haunted Battlefields”