Rookwood Sydney

Share photos and stories about old cemeteries, lonely graves, memorials or epitaphs in NSW
Jemm
Admin
Admin

Re: Rookwood Sydney

Postby Jemm » Fri May 03, 2013 3:01 pm

if you venture wayyyyyyyy up the back....take fresh knickers , you'll need them :lol:

Calmer
Demon
Demon

Postby Calmer » Fri May 03, 2013 6:44 pm

But we don't want photos of that................ :shemademe:
Such is life....

megsy
Demon
Demon

Postby megsy » Sat May 04, 2013 1:05 pm

:roflmao: That is way too funny Calmer....
There is an inn, a merry old inn beneath an old grey hill, And there they brew a beer so brown that the Man in the Moon himself came down one night to drink his fill - sign under the Prancing Pony Inn - LOTR

megsy
Demon
Demon

Postby megsy » Sat May 04, 2013 2:09 pm

This is a function place called The Gables, across the road from Rookwood - and the place where my Ma & Pa were married.Image

90% of the pics I took are with this clear(ish) sky - the next ones are really freeky.

There is an inn, a merry old inn beneath an old grey hill, And there they brew a beer so brown that the Man in the Moon himself came down one night to drink his fill - sign under the Prancing Pony Inn - LOTR

Jemm
Admin
Admin

Postby Jemm » Sat May 04, 2013 3:40 pm

Delly will be able to tell you exactly what that is if you are up for it...the one that you added the marks , I think I know what that is and its not of paranormal nature..tons of things to take into account before you can say it is , there should be a section somewhere on here that one of us has posted about what are really Obs, worth a read ..
We're all here to learn . :bigwink:

But ohhhhhhhhhhhhh nice spooky pics :clap: :yes: :five:

The Gables I remember that place,if you get a chance to go to the CBD Sydney , the Forensic Museum is well worth the visit...10 bucks to get in $5 concession.We'll pop in there sometime next week on the 3 days we'll be in Sydney.

Calmer
Demon
Demon

Postby Calmer » Sat May 04, 2013 6:40 pm

The one with the yellow and red lights looks like movement when taking the shot and there's lights in the background giving this effect.

Am I right saying there were sticks holding up the grave stones?

Thx for sharing.... :grin:
Such is life....

Dellycat
Site Owner/Admin
Site Owner/Admin

Postby Dellycat » Sat May 04, 2013 6:47 pm

I have a few questions...
1. What sort of camera did you use to take these.
2. What was the time of year you took the photos
3. What were the weather conditions i.e. warm, cold, cool, damp, dry ?

megsy
Demon
Demon

Postby megsy » Wed May 08, 2013 5:05 pm

Yes, there are sticks holding the grave stones up. The one with the bright yellow light, I think it may of been a street light in the distance, it gets really dark in there and I try and take notice of any light forms I can see.
All these shots were taken standing still as well, there was definitely no movement from me here at all. :think:

I have a few questions...
1. What sort of camera did you use to take these. I have a Sony SLT37 16.1 Mega Pixel Camera and a 18-55mm lens
2. What was the time of year you took the photos. They were taken in March this year.
3. What were the weather conditions i.e. warm, cold, cool, damp, dry ?
I had a T-shirt on in the other pics so it was a warm night. I know there was no rain and the grounds were dry. I usually love the cold but I would of put a jacket on in there if I thought it was going to be the slightest cold.

I took 60 pics or so that night and these ones here (and maybe 4 more) were the only strange ones. I also know that we went pretty deep in and there were only a couple of times I saw lights from outside the cemetery.

I don't know if they are 'paranormal' but I sure know they are cool :cheesy:

Thanks guys - ask away and feel free to let me know what you all think please :clap:

Jemm
Admin
Admin

Postby Jemm » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:41 am

:bump:

megsy
Demon
Demon

Postby megsy » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:30 pm

I'm going to have to go back here soon and take some more pics - see what I can get :smile:

Return to “Old Cemeteries - New South Wales”