A Certain Slant of Light (book)

Information on books our members have read or heard about, covering ghostly encounters, paranormal, tarot, crystals, chakras, reiki, meditation etc
Jemm
Admin
Admin

A Certain Slant of Light (book)

Postby Jemm » Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:53 am

Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2008

This is the best ghost story I have ever read. I stumbled onto this book by first-time novelist, Laura Whitcomb, and couldn't put it down. I loaned it to a mature 8th grader, and she finished it and loaned it to her next door neighbor, all in the course of a weekend. From there it went to a fellow teacher. Within a week, four readers had devoured this story. That was a couple of years ago.

After languishing on the shelf, it has recently started making the rounds again. A fellow teacher read it in two days recently while recuperating from knee surgery, and another middle school girl recently checked it out and took it home, only to have her mother pick it up and not be able to give it back. The girl is currently reading another book while her mother finishes this one.

It's a ghost story, but it's also a love story: the story of two ghosts who meet and fall in love and how they free not only themselves, but two living teenagers from their own individual versions of hell.

Return to “Books”