MEN WHO STARE AT GOATS

Information on books our members have read or heard about, covering ghostly encounters, paranormal, tarot, crystals, chakras, reiki, meditation etc
GRIM P.I
Shadow
Shadow

MEN WHO STARE AT GOATS

Postby GRIM P.I » Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:54 pm

MEN WHO STARE AT GOATS
by Jon Ronson

In 1979 a secret unit was established by the most gifted minds within the U.S. Army. Defying all known accepted military practice - and indeed, the laws of physics - they believed that a soldier could adopt a cloak of invisibility, pass cleanly through walls, and, perhaps most chillingly, kill goats just by staring at them. Entrusted with defending America from all known adversaries, they were the First Earth Battalion. And they really weren’t joking. What’s more, they’re back and fighting the War on Terror. With first-hand access to the leading players in the story, Ronson traces the evolution of these bizarre activities over the past three decades and shows how they are alive today within the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and in postwar Iraq. Why are they blasting Iraqi prisoners of war with the theme tune to Barney the Purple Dinosaur? Why have 100 debleated goats been secretly placed inside the Special Forces Command Center at Fort Bragg, North Carolina? How was the U.S. military associated with the mysterious mass suicide of a strange cult from San Diego? The Men Who Stare at Goats answers these and many more questions. Ronson's Them: Adventures with Extremists, a highly acclaimed international bestseller, examined the paranoia at the fringes of hate-filled extremist movements around the globe. The Men Who Stare at Goats reveals extraordinary - and very nutty - national secrets at the core of George W. Bush’s War on Terror.

MY RATING
4.5 / 5

Buddah James
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Re: MEN WHO STARE AT GOATS

Postby Buddah James » Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:41 pm

hey Grim didn't they turn this book into a movie or are about to make the
movie ? i'm sure i heard something about it but not 100% sure it !! :think:

GRIM P.I
Shadow
Shadow

Postby GRIM P.I » Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:07 pm

Hey james, yeah they made a movie in 2009,with Ewan McGregor & George Clooney which lightly touches on parts of the book.
but as normal the movie does it no justice,

It was good to read about the millitary trying out para-weapons as such, like peaceful budhists approaches etc, pyschic skills
The barney tortue technic is unreal, but hey if i was locked in a dark cell with strobe lights and "I Love you. You Love me" blaring 24/7
i would crack too or swallow my tongue lol.

Its a shame the original team wasnt funded more, as they were trying to make peaceful weapons, then it was handed over to a nut job and turned the experiments alot darker.
Plus i guess the original team of solidiers just got on LSD and meditated all the time hahah guess its easy to see why the generals cut the program

The movie is good if you have read the book first, it makes alot more sense

Jemm
Admin
Admin

Postby Jemm » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:25 pm

oooooooo that book sounds deep :scared:
Ewen Mcgregor? George Clooney?.....now thats more like it :clap:

Return to “Books”