Haunts in Ireland and Scotland

Places of interest around the world. Australia doesn't have a monopoly on ghosts!
Jemm
Admin
Admin

Re: Haunts in Ireland and Scotland

Postby Jemm » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:09 am

hooley bloody dooley I'm beat!!!
incredible photos thanks Megsey...I grew up in Northern UK"South shields" theres ruins of the old Arbeia Roman Fort , they're restoring it to to point where they actually removed my nans whole side of the street because of the archaeological finds
http://www.visitsouthtyneside.co.uk/article/12556/arbeia-roman-fort
when I was little I used to sneek in there to play.

megsy
Demon
Demon

Postby megsy » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:49 pm

Wow, that place looks amazing. What a backyard to play in :clap: It is still hard for me to comprehend the history, Australia just doesn't have it.

What great memories you two must have.
There is an inn, a merry old inn beneath an old grey hill, And there they brew a beer so brown that the Man in the Moon himself came down one night to drink his fill - sign under the Prancing Pony Inn - LOTR

Dellycat
Site Owner/Admin
Site Owner/Admin

Postby Dellycat » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:14 pm

I think at the end of the day that the UK is full of old historical and interesting places due to it's age.
One day before I am too old to travel, I would love to visit the UK again through more mature eyes than in the past. So much history there it makes the mind boggle :grin:
One interesting thing for me, my dad told me before he passed away was that I am west anglo saxon.... all his family is from the west country and dates back to the saxon times. It is nice to be able to say I am west anglo saxon other than just English :grin:
I don't know where it comes from but I do have a strong love of old english castles and manor houses. I also feel a strong connection to Stone Henge.... :grin:

Jemm
Admin
Admin

Postby Jemm » Thu May 15, 2014 8:36 am

take me too :yesmaster: when you win lotto

Return to “Other Haunts around the World”