Cemeteries near you

Share photos and stories about old cemeteries, lonely graves, memorials or epitaphs near you.
white wolf
Demon
Demon

Re: Cemeteries near you

Postby white wolf » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:37 pm

[bThen you have the Heart of the Bruce.

[/b]Scotland the Brave

Jemm
Admin
Admin

Postby Jemm » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:12 pm

aufo8mycow wrote:O my goodness Jenn, so does mine, well actually mine is Robert the count of Mortain who was williams half brother, my mum did all the family history so if you are related to him that means I might be related to you! lol If you are then I got a few more surprised for you in our family tree! including one George Sparry who was Gentleman to the bed chamber of Henry VIII (Its more exciting than it sounds) a few murderers... one poisoner.. border revers who used to nip into England and rape the women and steal their sheep and for a time we owned Tintagel including Tintagel Castle, alleged birth place of King Arthur. Interestingly, most of the castles in the uk were built by Robert after the invasion. wow totally small world... so I can call you sis now then??????? LOL xoxo

WE'RE RELATED?????
hey now wouldnt that be funny if we were :histerics:
you're proberbly my cousin 77nd removed from the left side of the track :histerics:

Jemm
Admin
Admin

Postby Jemm » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:25 pm

:histerics:

FREEDOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM :yes:

aufo8mycow
Shadow
Shadow

Postby aufo8mycow » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:40 pm

lol it would, although I guess I'm on the other side as was his half brother so cousin removed :)

Oddly, those who are related to William are supposed to be able to trace their line back to Charlemagne and Jesus Christ, Even Robert the Bruce due to the kings of Europe all inter marrying people of wealth or power through the ages. There are a number of websites on the topic which I thought was quite interesting. Not to mention you would also be related to King Clovis of France whose grandfather was supposed to be a sea monster lol

When mum traced our tree back, we were quite lucky as our line have (until me) being well off and powerful, so because they were noblemen etc. you have a record of the marriages and deaths. If you were poor most records stop before the 1700's especially in places like Scotland, Wales and Ireland.

Since mum died I have meant to carry it on tracing other sides of the family I just don't have the willpower to trawl through all that paperwork lol but i should as it's a gift to others.

Still one thing is for sure, you and I might be related to kings of Europe and even Jesus but it does show if you go back far enough, we are all related to each other... crazy small world :)

white wolf
Demon
Demon

Postby white wolf » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:03 am

well my relative was with custer at the Big horn.
Well he was not actually fighting ,he was camping near buy and went over to complain about the noise.

hahahahhahha

ww

Jemm
Admin
Admin

Postby Jemm » Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:11 am

I'm related to Jesus????

might give walking on water a go tomorrow :yes:

seriously though that is really interesting..its hard to do our tree due to the fact that some of the family (s) dont know who their legitimate father was ..I caused a big stir digging through the family history,and found many many skeletons in the family closet that wanted to stay locked in there, but me being me said , BullS**t, this is history. :histerics:
Yep and now various people in that crowd wont and dont talk to me anymore :thinking2: :yes: but thats a whooooole other story , which I started to put in book form , must get back to that one day. :thinking2:
Attachments
imagesCADBRLW1.jpg
imagesCADBRLW1.jpg (5.54 KiB) Viewed 1937 times

megsy
Demon
Demon

Postby megsy » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:47 pm

lol, and I am a descendant of Brian Boru. Geez, we are all bloody great people hey !

and I am from just out of Picton - so St Marks Church and it's famous cemetery is right down the road

There are a couple of others I plan on checking out soon - my damn camera decided to spit the dummy but I just got a new phone on the weekend - soooo, will check out Bargo, Upper Picton and Thirlmere cemetries real soon.
There is an inn, a merry old inn beneath an old grey hill, And there they brew a beer so brown that the Man in the Moon himself came down one night to drink his fill - sign under the Prancing Pony Inn - LOTR

princess13
Devil
Devil

Postby princess13 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:27 pm

I am embarrassed to say I don't know who Brian Boru is but I look forward to your photos.

aufo8mycow
Shadow
Shadow

Postby aufo8mycow » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:32 pm

King of Ireland Princess13 :) also known as the Lion of Ireland

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Boru

xoxox

princess13
Devil
Devil

Postby princess13 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:35 am

LOL Thankyou Aufo, much appreciated. :thumbsup: Oh royalty, do I have to bow or curtsey?

megsy
Demon
Demon

Postby megsy » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:24 pm

lol, no need darlz - you are the princess, I should curtsy to you :histerics:

and aufo, ta for that.
There is an inn, a merry old inn beneath an old grey hill, And there they brew a beer so brown that the Man in the Moon himself came down one night to drink his fill - sign under the Prancing Pony Inn - LOTR

princess13
Devil
Devil

Postby princess13 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:11 am

megsy wrote:lol, no need darlz - you are the princess, I should curtsy to you :histerics:.

Hey yeah........I didn't think of that! :histerics: :histerics: Now bow to me peasants!! :histerics: :histerics: :roflmao: :roflmao: :lol: :lol:

Buddah James
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Postby Buddah James » Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:02 am

the only bowing is to me BUDDAH but i'll let you have them all Princess
as i only give out blessings these days !! :histerics: :histerics:

megsy
Demon
Demon

Postby megsy » Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:37 am

You only bow to Buddah if you are buddist, which is a choice - you bow to nobility cause you don't have that choice..... :roflmao: :histerics:

*bows to princess*

:running:

princess13
Devil
Devil

Postby princess13 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:57 am

megsy wrote:You only bow to Buddah if you are buddist, which is a choice - you bow to nobility cause you don't have that choice..... :roflmao: :histerics:

*bows to princess*

:running:

All this bowing is making me seasick, stop it people and thats an order. :histerics: :histerics: :histerics:

Dellycat
Site Owner/Admin
Site Owner/Admin

Postby Dellycat » Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:21 am

princess13 wrote:All this bowing is making me seasick, stop it people and thats an order. :histerics: :histerics: :histerics:

Better listen to Princess now... remember back in those days if the royals didn't like you, thought you had done something or simply felt like it, they chopped off your head... bowing just makes it easier for her to do the chop.... :histerics: Maybe that is where the saying ... Pull your head in.... comes from :lol: :roflmao:

Buddah James
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Postby Buddah James » Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:29 pm

:histerics: :histerics: :histerics: love this bowing but it :stink: :stink: :stink:
a old friend of the family once said to me "never bow to no bastard as we are
all equal to each other regardless of title how rich or poor or the colour of ya
skin nor your religious beliefs !! but respect and being courteous to others will
go a long way to making new friends"
but any way back to the subject at hand i see a new sign has gone up at
Fremantle Cemetery near the Crematorium building entrance that cameras
and taking photos are not allowed without written consent of the
WA Cemetery Board !! that's a bit harsh as i wanted to take a few photos
of the oldest section of the cemetery as some plots date back to the early
1800s !! basically when Fremantle was being established !!

Dellycat
Site Owner/Admin
Site Owner/Admin

Postby Dellycat » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:30 pm

When did that sign go up James?!!!!!!!!!!
I hope I still have my photos somewhere that I took there a couple years back, will have to dig through things and look for them. I got photos of some of the old plots but not a lot of close up ones, just lots of area shots.
That sucks big time! :furious:

Wonder if this has anything to do with it...
http://www.mcb.wa.gov.au/ResearchAndGenealogy/PhotoService.aspx

Dellycat
Site Owner/Admin
Site Owner/Admin

Postby Dellycat » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:38 pm

I can't find anything on the site or in the brochure that says you can't take photos unless I missed it. If photos are not allowed, it should be stated in the information..

Buddah James
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Postby Buddah James » Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:57 pm

i don't know when the sign went up forgot too ask my friend today who works at Freo Cemetery but he said the sign has a fault on it as it's supposed to say no photos to be taken within the Crematorium or other buildings !! as my friend said it's due to security upgrades being enforced by the Cemetery Board !!
must have had a few vandal's come through or some morbid people with a
thing for dead people !! I'll find out more when i see him next !!

Return to “Old Cemeteries & epitaphs from around the world”