Ghosts in Liverpool NSW

Talk about the hauntings and ghosts of Australia. If you know of a place of interest post it here. If we get enough information on a place it will then be placed in the Australia's Historical Haunted Places forum.

Ghosts in Liverpool NSW

Postby Jemm » Mon May 07, 2012 5:46 pm

Since Liverpool was established in the early 1800’s there have been a number of
supernatural sightings. Although none of them have become as well known or received
the publicity of that as Campbelltown’s Fisher’s Ghost, they have been recorded in local
history.
Collingwood House at Casula is believed to be haunted, with a spirit inhabiting one of
the front bedrooms in the house. Although the ghost has never been seen many people
have felt its presence.
Another legendary ghost story is of the literary ghost that haunts in the upper floor of
the Liverpool Central Library. The ghost only makes itself heard in the late evening and
is a loud and noisy ghost. The noises suddenly stop whenever someone goes to
investigate the noises.
Clinches Pond is also rumoured to have a ghost, the spectral figure of the milkman and
his cart plunging into the Pond in a re-enactment of the original incident.
The strangest story of all is that of the ghostly cows that have been spotted along
Cowpasture Road. The black herd of cows are believed to be the descendants of the
cows that arrived on the first fleet and strayed into the bush in 1788. The black herd
can be seen grazing on the pastures, yet when they are approached they vanish into
thin air.

Source – Beverley Donald

Jemm
Admin
Admin

Re: Ghosts in Liverpool NSW

Postby eeyore » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:14 am

I also hear that the Casula powerhouse museum is haunted also and doing ghost tours...I've just booked in for one of them today.
When people walk away from you...let them go. your destiny is never tied to anyone who leaves you, and it doesn't mean they are bad people...It just means that their part in your story is over.
eeyore
Shadow
Shadow

Postby Jemm » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:30 am

thats cool !
you'll have to pop back in and tell us about it..never heard of that one before, wonder if Naomi aka Nomes has been to that one, thats near where she lives.Take photos Eeyore :grin:

Jemm
Admin
Admin

Postby eeyore » Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:45 am

Jemm I didn't know of it either, only saw invites for an investigation night and found they hold ghost tours also.

I'll let you know
When people walk away from you...let them go. your destiny is never tied to anyone who leaves you, and it doesn't mean they are bad people...It just means that their part in your story is over.
eeyore
Shadow
Shadow

Postby Jemm » Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:53 am

How did the ghost tour go Eeyore , been a while since your last post ..did you take any photos , :grin:

Jemm
Admin
Admin

Postby eeyore » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:22 am

No good pics Jemm.
eeyore
Shadow
Shadow

Postby Jemm » Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:58 am

none? well thats a poop :shakehead:

how was it , can you give us a run down on what you saw / did ? might help others who are thinking of going along ..was it worth the $$ ?

Jemm
Admin
Admin

Postby Dellycat » Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:07 am

Oooooh, yes please... please tell us what it was like, what you experienced and was the tour worth it. Living on this side of Oz, information like that helps us plan trips east, if a place is worth a visit or not. This will also help visitors from overseas, they might like to book a tour as well.
All information is gratefully received. :grin:
Dellycat
Site Owner/Admin
Site Owner/Admin

Postby eeyore » Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:12 am

Well Delly it was a great tour...well worth the money paid for the night. The information given out as to the hauntings was unreal. I'd never even known any of the history of this site nor what happened there.

As soon as I walked in through the doors I instantly had the feeling of spirits near me. I went incredibly cvold and it seemed to stick by me for most of the night. We took some photos but nothing showed up paranormal wise, just a lot of orbs which we put down to as dust. My camera crapped out after taking only about 10 photos...the batteries died so I was relying on my friend to get something on her camera.

Itr was said that only 1 death was noted and the staircase where he was crushed are still there. Because the area is so isolated and bushlands nearby are also said to be the main reason. It is also believed that the 7 backpackers that Ivan Milat killed got off the train there and are still said to be haunting as if following their route again.

MAny security guards and artits refuse to work there as they hear footsteps and little girls laughing. It definately has an eerie feeling to it and I'm still planning to do an investifation night in a few weeks time.
eeyore
Shadow
Shadow

Postby Buddicca » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:27 pm

I grew up in Liverpool and we were always aware of the TAFE and the convict built Anglican Church, St Lukes ( I was married there ) - Fisher's ghost ( just down the road at Campbelltown ) and the hospital.
My elder sister went to TAFE and claimed to have seen a ' see through lady in a long old fashioned dress ' walk down the hallway in front of her and turn into a doorway that was no longer there - that was in the 70's. We were always told to keep away from Clinches Pond because people who drowned there were never found because the pond was " bottomless ". If you have ever seen clinches pond it is quite small and almost perfectly circular so doesn't appear natural. However, testing in the 80's solved the ' bottomless scenario '. Its actually a sink hole.
There was a natural cave that was full of water from the high water table that comes from the nearby Georges River and the roof caved in ( hence the circular appearance ). If you are unlucky enough to drown, when you sink to the bottom pf the pond ( cave ), the current in the cave system carries your body into the maze of caves so it is never found and doesn't rise to the surface like in 'regular ' drownings. But I know when I went to hockey matches in the adjacent hockey fields in the late 70's I kept a respectful distance! Still spooky! :thinking2: My mother's home ' near McDonalds ' however led us to believe Liverpool is truly haunted as we had everything from full bodied apparitions, to EVPS ( before the term was coined ), phantom smells and poltergeist activity. The whole experience growing up is why I am still interested in the paranormal. Mum thought we were suffering mass hallucinations until neighbours encountered our ghost ( they moved ) and boyfriends were confronted ( they dumped my sisters quick smart! ) :yes: So with independent witnesses she had to face the fact we weren't actually crazy. :lol: I have some friends who still drive past my mothers house and stare or if walking, walk that little bit faster. Needless to say I didn't have many sleep overs growing up. My Dad died in the local hospital ( not the new one ) and my other sister had an encounter with a nurse who out her hand on her shoulder to comfort her............but wasn't there. :shocked: Myself when preparing for my wedding we had to have interviews at the church once a week and we decided we wanted some time lapse night shots of the old architecture. So my husband and I with tripods and boxes of camera equipment set ourselves up by the hall beside the church one cold night in May 1986 ( the hall is where I went to Sunday school as a child ) and started setting up shots when out of the back door of the church comes a hooded figure - who we first took to be the priest in a hoodie! :lol: We thought we were going to get in trouble for trespassing! I managed to get out an audible ' uh oh ' ( as in we're in trouble ) when it just stepped down the one or two steps to ground level, took one or 2 steps and vanished. My (later husband ) however wondered what I was going ' uh oh ' for and thought there was an issue with the camera - he maintained he didn't see a thing. :dontthinkso: but many years later felt compelled to admit he actually had. :giggle:
Buddicca
Vapor
Vapor

Postby Jemm » Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:51 am

Firstly a big welcome to AG and hope you're enjoying the site..
Wow glad your mum did finally believe :lol:
I'm kind of in the same boat as you as far as that goes, its not until now that my mum will admit that the house we grew up in was in her words "weird"

Liverpool ... long time residents will tell you theres a very deep history in that town , stretching as face back as first settlements,we often had school history excursions to various places around Liverpool, but those of us who are a lot more sensitive than the average person will know that there is a definate "feel " about the place, same as Parramatta and the 'rocks" , you just know theres more there than anyone else can feel, and to actually live it? well thats a whole new ball game.

I often wonder, back in the day, settlers buried their dead on their properties, who would ever know if a "today" home is built on a long ago grave site..no one would know would they?

Great story up there ^^^ and much food for thought..and glad hubby finally admitted to seeing something strange too ...eventually :histerics:

Jemm
Admin
Admin

Postby eeyore » Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:03 pm

This may help you with information on the hauntings of the powerhouse museum

http://www.appi.org.au/casula-powerhouse-arts-centre.html
It shows the story on Sydney weekender done earlier this year.
eeyore
Shadow
Shadow

Postby megsy » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:21 pm

eeyore wrote:I also hear that the Casula powerhouse museum is haunted also and doing ghost tours...I've just booked in for one of them today.

With the beautiful Peet and Nicky from APPI. I am going to the sleepover para investigation here with them on the 28th of Sept. This place is amazing.
I also did a sleepover investigation at Liverpool TAFE with them in June. Lots of activity that night.
There is an inn, a merry old inn beneath an old grey hill, And there they brew a beer so brown that the Man in the Moon himself came down one night to drink his fill - sign under the Prancing Pony Inn - LOTR
megsy
Demon
Demon

Postby eeyore » Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:17 am

Yep, did that last month Megsy. It was an interesting night with a lot of activity...you won't get much sleep with all the noises and foot steps you hear.
eeyore
Shadow
Shadow

Postby megsy » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:09 pm

:clap: sounds good to me, not there to sleep !!
So cool Eeyore, looking forward to it.

Have you done the Joadja Ghost town campout? http://spiritchasers.com.au/
Just got tickets for 26th October. This place is amazing. Hubby and I went and checked it out the other day and the activity during the day was crazy, can't wait to see what the night will bring :cheesy: :yes:
Last edited by Dellycat on Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added url tags to link
There is an inn, a merry old inn beneath an old grey hill, And there they brew a beer so brown that the Man in the Moon himself came down one night to drink his fill - sign under the Prancing Pony Inn - LOTR
megsy
Demon
Demon

Return to Haunted Australia